At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!As aviation steps into the modern age, advanced algorithms, sensors, and software are playing a much more significant role in delivering aircraft capability. That is especially true for our next generation eVTOL air taxi, which relies on a sophisticated suite of intelligent software combined with novel sensors to fly itself. And we want you to help build it.We’re looking for a senior engineer to focus on the flight management and behavior logic for our self-flying taxi. You will design, build, and test the algorithms which fundamentally control the high level intent of the vehicle. You will develop logic to manage responses to contingency scenarios, avoid hazards, and perform autonomous landing approaches. You will develop architectures that support the concurrent execution of various vehicle responsibilities. You will leverage modeling and simulation to validate safe, reliable, autonomous behavior. And of course, you’ll test what you build in flight.
Within 3 months you will
- Get to know key people on the team
- Take on early development tasks to gain exposure to the project
- Develop an understanding of the various functionalities needed to autonomously manage the flight
- Begin developing architectures performing trade studies
Within 6 months you will
- Develop frameworks and metrics for evaluating technologies
- Developing detailed logical architectures
- Explore the capability of your algorithms in simulation
- Create development roadmaps
Within 12 months you will
- Continue to develop our design and analysis tools
- Understand emergent behavior and deeper safety impacts through monte carlo simulations
- Demonstrate the integrated system capability in flight tests
- Perform surveys of the latest strategies and algorithms in industry and academia
- Design and execute trade studies to evaluate candidate architectures and algorithms
- Design, develop, and test algorithms in a high level coding language
- Develop models and simulation environments
- Design and execute integrated tests of the software in simulation and in flight demonstrations
Compensation and Benefits:
- At least 5 years in industry or academia developing avionics, flight software, or autonomous vehicles.
- B.S. in related engineering field, M.S. or Ph.D. preferred.
- Solid foundation of physics, mathematics, probability, and statistics.
- Strong background in simulation and modeling.
- Working knowledge of Python, Matlab, and C++.
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-timePay Range the Company expects to pay: $124,466 - $190,191
per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
In order to protect the health and safety of all Wisk employees in the workplace, we are requiring that all employees receive an FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19 prior to physically returning to Wisk’s U.S. offices. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.