EnergyHub is looking for a dynamic Sales Executive with a track record of sales success, strong analytical and communication skills, experience working in the utility market, and passion for the clean energy field. This position will play a critical role and help grow our DERMS business by initiating, developing, and building lasting relationships with utility customers in the Eastern US. The Sales Executive will demonstrate domain expertise, thought leadership, command of the sales process, and the ability to develop strong relationships, using these abilities to build a robust pipeline and meet sales targets.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Sell the company’s DERMS software and services to utilities
- Develop, write, and project manage complex and lengthy RFP responses, including the creation of original content without the support of a proposal-writing team
- Develop a robust and qualified sales pipeline, communicating progress and results with the rest of the sales team
- Provide utility prospects with convincing, compelling business cases and arguments to support the value of EnergyHub’s offerings
- Work closely with utilities to understand current and future utility needs and identify new business opportunities; collaborate with the sales, product and marketing teams to ensure that EnergyHub is building the right products and delivering the right messages to the market
- Represent EnergyHub at conferences, trade shows, and industry events
- 3+ years of experience in a business development, sales or consulting role
- Utility industry experience, including demand response, energy efficiency, and enterprise SaaS a plus
- Demonstrated success closing high-revenue business opportunities
- Ability to generate leads independently and track record establishing deep industry relationships
- Excellent written communication, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Flexibility for significant amount of travel (20-50%)
Why work for EnergyHub?
Collaborate with outstanding people: Our employees work hard, do great work, and enjoy collaborating and learning from each other.
Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given real responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the team!
Gain well rounded experience: EnergyHub offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
Work with the latest technologies: You’ll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT, SaaS and machine learning challenges, including distributed fault-tolerance, device control optimization, and process modeling to support scalable interaction with disparate downstream APIs.
Be part of something important: Help create the future of how energy is produced and consumed. Make a positive impact on our climate.
Focus on fun: EnergyHub places high value on our team culture. Happy hours and holiday parties are important to us, but what’s also important is how our employees feel every single day.
EnergyHub is a growing enterprise software company that works with the most forward-thinking companies in smart energy. Our platform lets consumers turn their smart thermostats, electric cars, water heaters, and other products into virtual power plants that keep the grid stable and enable higher penetration of solar and wind power. We work on technology that already provides energy and cost savings to millions of people through partnerships with the leading companies in the Internet of Things.
EnergyHub offers a generous benefits package including 100% paid medical for employees and a 401(k) with employer match. We offer a casual environment, the flexibility to set your own schedule, a fully stocked fridge and pantry, free Citi Bike membership, secure bike rack, gym subsidy, paid parental leave, and an education assistance program.
EnergyHub is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.