At Neuterra Inc., we are re-imagining consumerism by providing the most transparent way to shop for a planet with finite resources. We use traceability and supply chain technologies to enable consumers to make the most informed buying decisions available to the public.
Neuterra Inc. is looking to hire a driven UX Designer. You would join the founding team as one of the first hires and help develop and launch our innovative platform. You would work in a fast-paced environment, lead projects, solve challenging problems, contribute to company innovation efforts and build rapport with internal and external shareholders as we near Series A funding.
As a small team, we’re looking for someone that can wear multiple hats on the UX design side and cross-collaborate with the product development side. Prior startup experience isn’t required, but the passion to help lead the charge on a purpose-driven entrepreneurial endeavor with an early-stage startup is.
Strong candidates will have some or all of the following attributes. Please note, we value people and experiences over resumes.
Your Qualifications and Skills:
- User Research and Strategy
- Wireframing and Prototyping
- User Interface (UI) Design
- Responsive Web Design
- Project Management
- Team and Stakeholder Management
- Empathy/Understanding how users think
- Team Player
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Bachelor Degree or Higher
- 3+ Years of Experience
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience collaborating with Web Designers, Mobile App Developers, etc.
- Coding experience
- Previous startup experience
- Contribute a minimum of 20 hours per week while working on an equity vesting schedule, without pay
- Work full-time on a market rate salary (or higher) post seed funding
- User, Market, and Product Research: Understand our user’s needs, behaviors, and motivations. Gather information and insights about Neuterra’s target users through data collection, surveys, user interviews, and focus groups
- Persona Development: Consolidate and interpret your findings to construct multiple representative personas based on your findings (patterns and commonalities) from your research. Each persona represents a potential user’s motivations, demographic information, needs and anything else developers need to consider for product development.
- Information Architecture (IA): Create blueprints to optimize the way users interact and move through the product.
- Wireframing: Create low-fidelity design sketches that represent different screens/stages of the product throughout the user journey.
- Prototyping and High Fidelity Design: Create high-fidelity clickable prototypes of the product for user testing and to illustrate the product to the development team.
- User Testing: Be creative! Use various methods to test products, including focus groups, moderated and unmoderated user tests, and product testing.
- Use Wireframing and Prototyping tools of choice, including: InVision Studio, Sketch, Figma, Illustrator, Adobe XD, Axure, or Marvel
- Improve the look and feel of interactive computers and product software
- Analyze customer responses and website data to determine high traffic web pages and why some perform better than others
What You’ll Get:
- Competitive equity incentives
- A friendly work environment with motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- Work for a purpose-driven company to reshape modern consumerism
- Work for a Black Indigenous People of Color (BIPOC) and women owned company with an egalitarian culture
- Opportunity to take part in building the company you’ve always envisioned
Egalitarianism is at the core of Neuterra Inc. We recruit, hire, promote, and operate with the innate understanding that all people are equal and are deserving of equal rights and equal opportunities. We stand for intersectional environmentalism (working towards climate justice and social justice) and advocate for the protection of both people and the planet.
At Neuterra Inc. meaningfully addressing the climate crisis motivates us and the atmosphere is our boss.