Who we are:
We are a climate tech company committed to reversing climate change. How do we reach this lofty goal? By disrupting the agriculture industry!
Founded by globally-recognized innovators in science and ag technology, Regrow is unlocking the power and profitability of resilient agriculture across the supply chain — from growers to global food brands. Regrow combines best-in-class agronomy, soil and carbon modeling, and innovative data collection to deliver customized, site-specific and scalable solutions to the agrifood industry.
Our customers are frontrunners in agrifood and agtech, ranging from global market operators, project developers, global food brands, and independent farmers. We help partners measure their impact on the environment, model and implement changes that will be environmentally and financially sustainable, and track partners’ progress against sustainability goals.
We're backed by leading investors, such as Galvanize Climate Solutions, Microsoft's Venture Fund, Cargill, The Grantham Environmental Trust (NCO), AJAX Strategies and more, all of whom believe in our vision to change the world through resilient agriculture.
Agriculture has the power to reverse climate change. We believe science and technology can help us get there.
Our goal is to use farmland to cool the earth. We are currently monitoring 150 million acres of land in over 45 countries. This year alone, with just one project, our carbon emissions reductions are equivalent to taking 17,000 cars off the road! We are already on our way to a more sustainable planet.
To learn more about our latest progress, visit https://www.regrow.ag/about-us
We are looking for a Director of Environmental Modeling to lead the group of scientists involved in environmental modeling (soil carbon, agronomy, process modeling) to develop cutting-edge tools and algorithms that enables farmers and land managers improve the resiliency of their land and decrease their impact on the environment through Measurement, Reporting, and Verification (MRV) of their impact on it. This role will partner with Product, and Engineering, as well as will closely collaborate with the Strategy and the broader leadership team, functioning as the leader of the science teams, as well as the subject matter expert on environmental science underpinning Regrow's MRV and other key products.
As a Director of Environmental Modeling, you will:
To be successful in this role, we will expect:
- Lead the Carbon, Modeling and Agronomy science teams to develop and implement algorithms that will help improve agronomic decision making as well as
quantification and management of soil health, and ecosystem outcomes nationally and internationally
- Bring together some of the best modeling tools across the crop, soil, and water modeling (APSIM, DNDC, and others) into an inter-connected modeling framework estimating agricultural and environmental outcomes with minimal user input, leveraging remote sensing and public datasets
- Lead the soil carbon science contribution to Regrow's effort on bringing together some of the best modeling tools across the crop, soil, and water modeling (DNDC, APSIM, and others) into an inter-connected modeling framework estimating agricultural and environmental outcomes with minimal user input, leveraging remote sensing and public datasets
- Collaborate with the remote sensing and other teams, to provide accurate soil carbon data products internationally
- Support Product and engineering in analysis of data and user needs to determine functional and cross-functional requirements of ecosystem-related software products
- Work closely with engineering to develop and implement data pipelines that enable ecosystem tools and models to scale internationally
- Oversee planning, design, and execution of all project deliverables across multiple simultaneous workstreams in support of programs related to soil carbon science
- Provide advice and recommendations on the following: the effective use of available resources, enhanced control of the scope of work, recommendations regarding various architectural solutions across modeling tools, and product delivery methods suitable for each project or program, optimal project scheduling options, enhanced modeling outcomes (accuracy, uncertainty)
- Liaise with customers on the topics related to modeling soil carbon stocks and natural climate solutions, understanding their needs, and articulating the way that our solutions and science-based tools address their needs
In addition, we would appreciate:
- Ph.D. Degree in soil science, soil carbon cycle science, environmental science, natural resources, or related fields
- Strong experience with soil carbon measurement and modeling
- Strong team leadership experience and capabilities to manage the team with a variety of backgrounds, including software engineers, scientists and business teams
- Desire to be in equal parts manager and contributor
- The ability to translate your technical knowledge into insights accessible for our team and our customers
- Excellent programming skills in Python
- Experience in modeling yield and productivity resilience based on soil and environmental drivers.
- Extensive data analysis experience
And if you have these, you will thrive at Regrow:
- Experience with Linux/Unix, cloud computing
- Experience with open-source geospatial libraries, e.g. GDAL, OGR, Fiona, Shapely
- Experience and interest in agriculture, geography, process-based modeling
- Experience developing applications independently, as well as in a team
- Experience with software and product development life cycle
- Strong focus and desire to understand and meet customer needs, adjusting the models to meet the real world requirements
- Passion about delivering value to customers and solving messy real-world problems
- The ability to organize yourself and others in an unstructured environment
- Preference to operating in an open/honest work environment
- A love of learning
- A desire to have a positive impact on something greater than you can achieve alone, being a part of the team, which is changing the world
Does this sound like your dream job? If so, go ahead and apply for the position and we’ll be in touch. We appreciate your interest in Regrow.
*We value diversity! At Regrow, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better but our planet better. We have employees across nine countries and three continents, and we’re committed to expanding our base of knowledge and experience.
Regrow is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.*