Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
Form Energy seeks a Process Operations Manager to lead a team supporting the scale-up and stabilization of our R&D production. This team is responsible for supplying all of Form Energy’s active components, centered around our latest advancements in electrolyte and electrode production. It covers a wide range of processes including: powder handling, furnaces, coating, and liquid chemical mixtures.
This role includes a large amount of cross-functional work with our development and advanced manufacturing teams that specify and develop materials and processes. You will scale, stabilize and continuously improve these from the bench top to fulfill our internal demand.
What You'll Do:
- Manage and develop a team of 12+ technicians, supervisors, and process engineers
- Aid in the scale-up and continuous improvement of core internal R&D processes
- Manage a strategic resourcing schedule to ensure process scale-up meets a growing demand from our internal customers
- Establish robust process controls that report on stability and capability
- Collaborate with our facilities, infrastructure and manufacturing engineers on larger changes for new and scaled processes
- Be a champion of safety for a growing team and novel processes
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a process operations or engineering generalist
- 2+ years with people manager responsibilities
- Hands-on experience in a chemical or material R&D lab or production environment
- Good working knowledge of statistical thinking for industrial problem solving
- BS, MS, or PhD in Engineering, Science, or a related field
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.