We are developing a new class of cost-effective, multi-day energy storage systems that will enable a reliable and fully-renewable electric ...View Company Profile
Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing cost-effective multi-day energy storage systems to enable the global electricity system to run on 100% low-cost renewable energy, every day of the year. Driven by Form’s core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, our team is deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We seek to transform the energy landscape and do our part in making the world better for all. We are supported by leading investors who share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage will be a key enabler of tomorrow’s zero carbon electric system. Role Description:
As the VP of Advanced Manufacturing you lead the innovation and development of manufacturing technologies at Form Energy. In this role, you will serve as the overall architect of the manufacturing process for Form Energy’s first product, a multi-day iron-air battery, and you will lead the development of manufacturing through the pilot phase after which you will transfer those manufacturing processes to Operations. Subsequently, your team will iterate on manufacturing technologies (processes and equipment) to improve product cost, performance, and reliability. In this role you will build and lead a dynamic Advanced Manufacturing team with expertise in process and equipment development that rigorously solves complex and at times, open-ended problems. We seek an established leader with a demonstrated track record of inventing and scaling new materials-focused manufacturing processes. The VP of Advanced Manufacturing will be an integral part of Form Energy’s executive leadership team that defines and executes on the company’s overall vision and shapes the company’s culture. This role will report directly to Form Energy’s Chief Technology Officer and will manage our existing manufacturing development team to accelerate and expand its impact.
What you'll do:
- Develop and implement a manufacturing development and scale-up strategy to bring Form Energy’s novel iron-air multi-day energy storage technology to market on an aggressive timeline.
- Build and lead a world-class Advanced Manufacturing team with core competencies in process development, equipment engineering, and automation development.
- Develop new manufacturing methods and embody those in scalable equipment sets with excellent capability and defined operating procedures that meet cost, quality, and throughput targets.
- Define and maintain manufacturing technology roadmaps that drive down Form Energy’s entitled product cost through a period of rapid growth.
- Manage and oversee all operations of low-volume, pilot manufacturing activities and transfer those technologies to Operations for deployment in high-volume lines.
What you'll bring:
Form Energy is committed to equitable compensation and we offer a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. We offer a 401k and all employees are granted stock options. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page. At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- B.S. or higher in engineering or physical science(s)
- 15 years of experience (10 in a leadership role)
- 10 years manufacturing and assembly experience of complex electromechanical products that rely on some core materials technology; experience should span both internally manufactured and contract manufactured assemblies, and include experience managing an operating line.
- Manufacturing NPI and transition to high volume manufacturing
- Management of an operating low volume / NPI-focused manufacturing operation
- Line design, installation, commissioning, and production ramp
- Management of custom equipment design and development internally and/or with equipment suppliers
- Demonstrated experience in driving down manufacturing costs while maintaining or improving product quality for complex electromechanical assemblies
- Experience managing distributed teams (nationally, internationally)