About TeraWatt Infrastructure
At TeraWatt, our mission is to power electrified fleets with the most reliable network of charging centers. Our platform provides solutions on the leading edge of the transition to zero-carbon transport. TeraWatt’s various functions embody the company’s core values to achieve our goals.
With increasing demand for electric vehicles, we are facing a once-in-a-century technology transition. The EV charging market for Fleets is expected to grow to $15 billion by 2030. The nation needs a long-term partner in the inevitable transition to all-electric transportation. At TeraWatt, you will join your team in delivering quality end-to-end charging solutions. TeraWatt Infrastructure is the leader in financing, developing, and operating electric vehicle charging solutions. With the transition to electrification of transport imminent, now is the time to develop these assets.
The future of electrified transportation requires innovation and a multi-trillion dollar investment in energy, real-estate, and charging infrastructure. TeraWatt's business model builds on the economics of renewable energy project development and a proven real estate strategy. TeraWatt is well established with a portfolio of properties spanning 18 states. These sites include charging solutions in key transportation corridors and logistics hubs. Client needs span urban mobility hubs, last mile fleet operators, and long haul electric trucking.
At TeraWatt, we execute humbly and with urgency to provide energy and charging solutions that delight our clients and support the transition to clean, electrified transport. We are building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At TeraWatt, we promote inclusion, humility, energizing relationships, and we welcome new ideas. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.Impact to Climate Change:
Transportation creates 23% of all greenhouse gas emissions each year. Electrifying transportation is priority #1 to impact climate change. By electrifying fleets, we can mitigate more than 70% of mobility CO2 urban emissions, remove 50% of city air pollution, and help fleet operators meet Net Zero commitments.Role Description
The ideal candidate will be captivated with the idea of developing sites that enable the rapid scaling of the electric vehicle electrification market and the infrastructure required to support the transition to electrified transport. In this role, you will have the responsibility for managing execution of project development activities for priority sites, starting from site acquisition through commercial operation. Such activities include (but are not limited to) permitting, interconnection, engineering design and stakeholder engagement. Though you may not have technical training by trade, you have mastery of pertinent technical concepts. You bring strong critical thinking and interpersonal communication skills (oral and written) necessary for a range of responsibilities from quantitative analysis to successful external stakeholder engagement. You are a self-starter with the proven ability to take ownership and initiative. You have a strong attention to detail, exceptional time management skills and organizational capacity to effectively manage multiple projects with competing priorities, including site-specific project schedules, budgets, and other internal project control and reporting tools. With a demonstrated track record of success in project management in EV, renewable energy or related field, you will bring development expertise and hands-on leadership to grow with the team to deliver world class EV solutions and sites, allowing the Company to help an increasing number of fleets and heavy trucks electrify with confidence.
- Provide leadership managing multiple projects with competing deadlines and resources
- Report to management regularly on project development progress and setbacks and lead regular project management meetings to communicate progress and expectations to all stakeholders in a timely and clear manner
- Manage databases for integrated site selection and development activities (including mapping databases, such as Google Earth)
- Manage project control tools, such as project schedules and budgets
- Source and manage external consultants to support project development activities
- Identify and address potential issues and manage tasks to advance site development activities
- Identify ideal brownfield and greenfield sites for EV, solar and storage development
- Conduct outreach to prospective landowners
- Conduct and record early-stage due diligence on sites, including mapping analysis and research
- Research and obtain critical market or site-specific information necessary to achieve site development goals (i.e. land use code information, interconnection tariff details, etc.)
- Identify site constraints and mitigation solutions
- Analyze various elements required to deliver a viable site and develop schedule recommendations for completion timelines
- Ensure deliverables meet high quality standards
- Act as a key point of contact for site development information
- Participate in expense management required for site development activities
- Work cohesively and collaboratively with internal stakeholders including Product, Project Development, Business Development and Finance to support strategic initiatives for each team, and cross-company
- Be a principal evangelist for the electrification of transport, and the Company’s role in making it happen
- 3-5+ years of experience in project management, preferred experience with any of the following: renewable energy development, vehicle electrification, EV charging infrastructure, clean energy, power grids, freight or fleet transport and logistics
- Four-year Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated track record of success in project management, with organizational and analytical problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail
- Experience in mapping (Google Earth, ArcGIS a plus) and database management strongly preferred