Manufacturer of lithium batteries designed to accelerate the commercialization of solid-state batteries. The company engages in the manufacturing of electric ...View Company Profile
QuantumScape is on a mission to transform energy storage with solid-state lithium-metal battery technology. The company’s next-generation batteries are designed to enable longer range, faster charging and enhanced safety in electric vehicles to support the transition away from legacy energy sources toward a lower carbon future.Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future. QuantumScape is a well-funded start-up located in San Jose, California with a new energy storage technology that will allow electric vehicles to outperform internal combustion cars. We have enabled a step-change in performance with a different chemistry and cell architecture that also benefits safety. Do you want to make a contribution to this critical part of the future energy economy? As a member of our analytical team, you will develop state-of-the-art material characterization methods to convert physical signal to electrical signal and versa vice! We have a need for a Project Manager, Analytical SMTS (Senior Member Technical Staff) to work closely with our R&D and process teams to provide project-based analytical support.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Characterization method development based on the team's need, data processing and interpretation.
- Develop test methods to study the mechanical properties of interface, and understand its effect on cell performance
- Develop in-situ / in-operando characterization methods for battery cells to reveal the chemical or structure changes in cycling condition
- Support process team on SPC and IQC
- Ph. D degree in Materials Science/Physics/Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Chemical Engineering or B.S. degree with five years of experience in a relevant industry
- Hand-on experience in mechanical test and deep understanding in materials mechanical properties
- Experience in battery materials research. In depth knowledge of electrochemistry and electrical tests
- Comprehensive knowledge in analytical techniques, including XRD, XPS, Raman, FTIR, TGA, DSC ...
- Basic knowledge in ESDA, SPC and IQC
- Proven skills in project management
- Strong communication and presentation skill
- Proficiency in JMP and Python
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Research experience in ASSB
- Familiar with FEA
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.