You are a seasoned capital markets expert, a relationship-builder, and a strategic thinker who enjoys developing innovative structures. You may come from commercial or investment banking or have experience with commercial real estate lending. You have a strong aptitude for understanding the needs of financial-sector partners, and for developing products and sales strategies that align with customer-segment needs. About Energetic Insurance:
Energetic Insurance develops novel risk management solutions to unlock exponential growth in renewable and distributed energy. Our flagship product enables financing of commercial solar projects. We are a fast-paced venture-backed startup that recently closed a Series A fundraising round
with participation from strategic venture capital investors from the finance, energy, and insurance sectors. We are backed by SCOR, one of the largest insurance companies in the world, as well as Schneider Electric Ventures and MS&AD Ventures. Our company is scaling rapidly; we’ve reached $80M in insured value across 12 states and over 160 projects, are working with multiple financial institutions, and are exploring new products and geographies. Our team doubled in size in Q4, and we will continue hiring heavily in 2022.Why this role is so unique:
You have had experience in finance, but not like this. You will be on the front lines of project structuring across primary lenders, secondary market purchases, project finance for large projects or portfolio transactions, and asset backed securitization. You’ll be able to flex your skills across commercial banking, investment banking, and regulatory navigation, all with a renewable energy twist. This is an opportunity to use your powers for good as you unlock financing for an untapped market.
- Communicate with bankers; understand their needs, build appropriate structures, and explain how deals work and the mutual benefits of an ongoing relationship
- Work directly with the executive leadership team to advance Energetic’s financial channel sales strategy and compel more banks to become regular, repeat channel partners
- Structure complex financial transactions and contracts in partnership with Legal Counsel
- Field day-to-day commercial and specialty finance questions that come from investors, bankers, or customers
- Translate complex specialty commercial finance topics between Energetic’s products, bankers, and customers to advance relationships and deal processes
- Bonus: understand securitization, rating process, and/or other specialty commercial finance topics and speak intelligently about them to bankers and customers
What we're looking for:
- Prior experience at a bank that included structuring and execution of commercial deals
- Knowledge of financial contracts and the nuances of financial transactions for leases, etc.
- Understanding of bankers' point of view, motivations, risk profiles, etc.
- Proactive willingness to identify opportunities for improvement across systems, processes, and channels
- Interest in building a new product and joining a growing team at a start-up dedicated to improving opportunities for access to sustainable and environmentally friendly solutions
- Ability to work independently and resolve minor issues without direct input from a supervisor
- Prior experience with renewable energy not required
- Bonus: product marketing experience
Salary and incentive pay commensurate with experience. Location:
Remote, although hires are welcome to come into the office if Boston-based. Boston or tri-state area home-base preferred. Travel Requirements:
Occasional travel required for meetings and conferences. Common destinations include New York, Boston, and London. Why you should work with us:
You will be influential and will have significant growth potential. You will have fun, learn a lot, be well-supported, and have a positive impact each day. Energetic Insurance is dedicated to building a diverse workforce as we grow and scale. We strongly encourage and invite women and people of color to apply.