kWh Analytics is a leading provider of Climate Insurance for zero carbon assets. Utilizing their proprietary database of over 300,000 operating renewable energy assets, kWh Analytics uses real-world project performance data and decades of expertise to underwrite unique risk transfer products on behalf of insurance partners. kWh Analytics has recently been recognized on FinTech Global’s ESGFinTech100 list for their data and climate insurance innovations.
The Solar Revenue Put production insurance protects against downside risk and unlocks preferred financing terms, and the Renewable Energy Property Product offers comprehensive coverage against physical loss. These offerings, which have insured over $4 billion of assets to date, aim to further kWh Analytics’ mission to provide best-in-class Insurance for our Climate.Who we are looking for:The Data Quality Analyst role is a great opportunity to learn professional software development and data engineering skills while breaking into the renewable energy industry. The ideal candidate has experience with Python programming and is eager to learn the details of solar asset performance and data management. Our photovoltaic industry database and the quality of our underlying data are paramount to the success of our business. You will be working closely with our data engineering and data science teams to ensure that our industry data is rapidly available for use in our key research and development projects.
What you can look forward to:
- Working with a talented, experienced, mission-driven team.
- Growing and improving the quality of the industry’s largest solar database.
- Writing programs to extract, transform, and load data into our industry database.
- Writing database queries to report on the state of our data.
- Decoding a variety of industry document formats using OCR/text analysis software (e.g. ABBYY).
- Performing manual quality assurance work and writing programs to automate QA.
- Becoming an expert in solar asset performance.
- Developing process improvements to enhance overall data quality.
- Starting a path to a career in Data Engineering or Data Science.
- An equity stake in the company, via incentive stock options.
- A wide variety of medical, dental, and vision plans. 401(k), HSA, FSA and corporate discounts.
What you likely need to do the job well:
- Undergraduate degree in a technical field, or equivalent experience
- Experience writing basic Python programs
- Basic familiarity with SQL
- Willingness to learn about both technology and the solar domain
- Curiosity, drive, and a good eye for details
- An interest in efficiency and process automation
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services and/or Docker
- Familiarity with version control such as Git
- Familiarity with (Linux) command-line tools
Location: Remote (US)Learn more about what we do and why it matters: https://www.kwhanalytics.com/company-overview
kWh Analytics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to maintaining an inclusive environment for all employees.