Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
As a network systems engineer in Advanced Hardware Engineering (AHE), you will be responsible for developing and documenting component requirements for the networking modules we use in the vehicle. You will interface with departments across Zoox to develop a system level understanding of how the AHE hardware will enable critical operational functions. You will work closely with design, analysis, manufacturing, and test engineers to ensure that requirements are verified throughout the engineering development process. Your assessments will be critical to meet milestones as we develop new generations of hardware.
- Engage with product, HW/SW engineering, production, safety, and business departments to iteratively develop and build requirements for networking modules
- Document requirements and ensure traceability across specifications and validation
- Work with test engineers to build validation plans, ensure the requirements are properly tested, analyzed and evaluated. Support network troubleshooting to diagnose common network problems.
- Coordinate with program management to develop long term hardware development plans for new generations of hardware
- Review and approve architecture proposals and design verification plans
- Be a primary point of contact with joint development manufacturers and coordinate external product development relations
- Collaborative team player with strong written and in-person communication skills
- Expertise in Automotive Ethernet, CAN, LIN, WLAN, and LTE networking
- Expertise in at least one high-precision timing and synchronization standard: IEEE 1588, IEEE 802.1AS, AUTOSAR time synchronization
- Understanding of Linux timing and synchronization concepts and libraries
- B.S. or higher degree in Aerospace, Automotive, Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering
- 3+ years of relevant work experience with emphasis on systems level design and validation
- Experience with product development cycle management from concept to product manufacturing and deployment
- Analytical skills and passion for writing clear, concise, and verifiable requirements
- Experience in network security
- Experience with hazard analysis, functional decomposition, validation, and verification
- System development experience within standards such as: ISO-26262, ARP4754A, ARP4761, DO-178C, DO-254, IEC 61508
- Experience using requirements management tools such as Polarion (preferred), DOORS or Jama
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $180,000 to $296,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position. Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.Vaccine Mandate
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.