Zoox is building autonomous mobility from the ground up. The simulation team is an important part of our ecosystem. Their virtual environments are instrumental in creating safe, capable, and comfortable autonomous vehicles. They are working to build services that make it easier to generate, curate and digest simulated content.At Zoox, simulation is integrated into the development process across the entire AI stack, including Perception, Prediction, Planner modules, as well as the Safety Case framework. Everyday, thousands of simulations are run to examine how collisions are detected or how our robots might interact with the world. We are looking for a Product Manager to help us thoughtfully scale our tools in service of Zoox’s developers.As a Product Manager for Simulation, you will:
- Steward a portfolio of Software products with thoughtfulness and user-focused planning.
- Grow your team’s understanding of user needs.
- Contribute to roadmap planning, helping launch products that enable developers to make efficient use of Zoox- Work with the Simulation team to define and prioritize user-focused solutions.- Help the team establish success metrics.
- 5 years of product management experience (8 years total)
- A talent for distilling ambiguous problem spaces into compelling product visions.
- Curiosity, a desire to figure out how to make things better. Especially how people use simulations to understand potential outcomes.
- Experience leading with empathy. Affecting outcomes with influence instead of authority.
- A technical background, you can learn and understand Software development, and concepts such as trustability or how gaps exist between simulated and real world environments.
- 8+ years of product management experience.
- Experience developing visualization tools or products (show not tell).
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $190,000 to $240,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.Vaccine Mandate
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.