We are seeking a highly motivated, energetic Senior Systems Test engineer to lead and drive systems integration and validation of robotaxi systems on an autonomous vehicle. You will be responsible for supporting systems engineering activities, including interface definition, diagnostic development, test case development, integration testing, diagnostic testing, functional testing, and systems debugging.
- Process product level validation tests and pull together respective engineering teams to decompose into component tests, interface tests, and system tests behaviors.
- Support and review software and hardware design, implementation, and test cases
- Develop and execute vehicle integration plans, pulling together relevant sub-system components while keeping track of overall program milestones and delivery objectives
- Deep-dive into vehicle log data and source code if required to root-cause system-level issues and facilitate rapid issue resolution in collaboration with domain experts.
- Post root cause analysis, suggest changes to upstream processes and subsystems, including diagnostics and preventative measures.
- 5+ years of work experience with automotive, robotics, or aerospace vehicle systems verification or validation
- Hands-on experience debugging complex systems that involve multiple ECUs with interfaces to various sub-systems
- Strong understanding of vehicle hardware and software concepts and validation processes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment and proactively collaborate cross-functionally with other teams to solve vehicle-level integration problems
- Strong understanding of testing-related safety procedures
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $124,000 to $204,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position. Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.Vaccine Mandate
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.