Zoox is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer - Mass Simulation to help architect, automate and scale our AI verification pipeline. In this role, you will put large-scale evaluation algorithms into production, you will optimize code architecture for efficiency, and you will ensure the robustness of our pipeline through adequate test coverage and monitoring tools. You will tightly collaborate with engineers designing cutting-edge optimization and sampling algorithms that put the AI to the test. You will be responsible for producing critical metrics that drive executive decisions for the deployment of our driverless robot on public roads.
- Architect scalable and distributed pipelines for an optimal execution of the algorithms
- Automate multi-stage framework with monitoring and retry capabilities
- Scale throughput of the pipeline
- Build adequate unit and integration tests to ensure continuity with other SW services and overall pipeline reliability.
- Leverage your understanding of algorithms to make smart decisions about framework architecture
- Hold AI Verification Tooling Pipeline up to regular CI standards while managing the complexity of the analyses involved.
- Fluency in Python
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in computer science, applied mathematics, engineering, or other quantitative area
- 7+ years of industry experience in software engineering or data engineering
- Strong experience with building and productizing large-scale pipelines producing critical metrics.
- Collaborative team player with strong written and in-person communication skills
- Master’s or PhD Degree in a quantitative area
- Experience with quantitative analysis of complex systems, probability and statistics
- Rigorous verification campaign experience
- Experience with cloud and infra technologies (AWS, S3, SQL, Databricks, Airflow) and coding best practices (GitHub)
CompensationThere are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $204,000 to $256,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position. Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.Vaccine Mandate
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.