About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Remote-First Companies To Work for in 2022” by BuiltInSF.com
and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
We are looking for well-rounded software engineers with a passion in quality function. You will own the quality of many features of the product – from the testing strategy, the implementation of a manual test plan and test cases and their executions to status communication and beyond. You will advocate for our customers and help deliver great value in terms of quality, usability, and functionalities to our customers.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand the project details - objectives, scope, timeline, etc., and formulate the test plan
- Manage the implementation and the execution of the test plan by tracking progress, bugs, impediments, and trade-off and provide regular status updates
- Communicate the release status with all stakeholders on a regular basis
- Manage the regular release
- Analyze and triage production issues and communicate with all stakeholders accordingly
What we value:
- Ability to partner with PMs and Engineers to develop a comprehensive test plan and test strategy based on the feature’s “happy path” acceptance criteria
- Ability to test SAAS-based applications on multiple platforms - desktop and mobile devices
- Ability to understand database schema and write SQL to retrieve data to support testing
- Passion for renewable energy and sustainability
- Ability to perform and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.