About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Remote-First Companies To Work for in 2022” by BuiltInSF.com
and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
This person would find ample challenge and opportunity to be hands-on in creating an industry-leading solar CAD product that makes solar design easy, powerful, and flexible in order to power solar designers, enable salespeople, and educate homeowners.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Provide the right complexity to the user of any feature at the right time, while also improving the visual experience
- Design for building trust by providing features to Solar Designers which elevate speed and accuracy within the Aurora design tool
- Continue modernizing our Sales Mode CAD by utilizing Aurora’s design system
- Lean into your visual design skills by helping update, and ‘re-skin’ the CAD graphics
- Conceptual modeling, task flow analysis, interaction & interface designs while exploring industry trends/best practices and creating prototypes
- Work jointly with PM and engineers to facilitate solution ideas in an agile environment that enjoys high collaboration between practices
What we value:
- Designing solutions that address validated, prioritized customer needs to enable the customer’s success
- Product domain information is complex, dense, and in constant flux, especially with changing customer needs. As such, come with an open mind, humility, curiosity, and the ability to learn quickly
- The ability to translate a myriad complexity of rules, regulations, and policies into elegant solutions
- Forethought and connecting with Product and Engineering are essential to good, strong collaboration amid dynamic sprint cycles and overall team health
- Given the workload and complexity, we value knowing how to right-size and prioritize your work when designing, iterating, taking feedback, revising, testing with users, etc.
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.