Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly
At Zoox we have set the goal to provide our customers with a premium ride experience while using our fully autonomous vehicles. You will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in robotics, controls, and vehicle engineering while mastering vehicle NVH development. In this role, you will provide direction to key design, vehicle control, and attribute teams to ensure the right level of quietness for our customers. Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and make a big difference in the final product.
- Lead the development and achievement of thermal system NVH performance targets
- Define vehicle level targets and cascade requirements to engineering design teams
- Conduct vehicle- and bench-level testing to assess and predict NVH performance on complete vehicle
- Perform experimental test methods such as transfer path analysis to quantify and rank noise contributions from different thermal systems
- Determine the impact of proposed designs, problem root cause, and develop countermeasures for thermal system NVH
- Develop innovative technical concepts and solutions that enable the right balance of acoustic comfort and thermal system performance
- 8+ years of automotive or related NVH development experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a related field of study
- Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- Excellent understanding of acoustics and vibration principles
- Experience in NVH development of thermal systems, especially HVAC
- Hands-on experience with vehicles, instrumentation, and data acquisition
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with acoustic and vibration test equipment and data analysis software (LMS, Test.Lab, HEAD Acoustics ArtemiS, etc.)
- There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $155,000 to $255,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
- Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.