Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We’re looking for a Senior/Staff Mechanical Engineer to join a new manufacturing equipment team. This team is responsible for developing novel equipment used to manufacture electrodes for Form Energy’s commercial product. This work will start with experiments and equipment substation prototypes used to define equipment architectures and processes. Moving forward, you will be responsible for the development and maturation of manufacturing equipment and delivering high-budget, high-volume equipment at new production facilities. Initially, this role will focus on the development of bulk material processing and handling systems that produce granular feedstocks used in electrode assemblies.
You will bring a wealth of equipment design experience and creativity used to develop world class, fully automated equipment. You’ll work closely with cell design engineers, process engineers, material scientists, supply chain, operations, facilities, and outside consultants. As we design, build, and ramp up equipment operations, you will become deeply entrenched in the intersection of equipment design, process engineering, and materials engineering, as the team works toward a common goal of manufacturing high performance electrodes, in high volume. This role provides an exciting opportunity to design novel equipment while doing your part to help combat climate change!
What You'll Do:
- Own the design, development, build, and deployment of granular feedstock processing equipment ranging from initial prototype equipment to fully automated and integrated systems used for high volume manufacturing
- Design and document robust equipment and processes capable of a high level of safety, uptime, and quality
- Provide design for manufacturing feedback to the cell and materials engineering teams
- Collaborate with process and controls engineers in the start-up and debugging effort for manufacturing equipment and processes at new production sites
- Train technicians, process engineers, and scientist on new manufacturing equipment and processes
- Work with a diverse set of teams inside and outside the company to achieve overall manufacturing success
- Be a champion for safety in the development of new equipment and processes
What You'll Bring:
- BS required in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing equipment design, build, and commissioning of bulk material handling and processing equipment
- Experience designing safe equipment used in hazardous locations containing combustible dusts or gasses
- Fabrication experience is a must
- Experience with PLC hardware selection, programming, troubleshooting, and configuration for automated systems
- Battery manufacturing experience is a plus
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.