We are developing a new class of cost-effective, multi-day energy storage systems that will enable a reliable and fully-renewable electric ...View Company Profile
Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing cost-effective multi-day energy storage systems to enable the global electricity system to run on 100% low-cost renewable energy, every day of the year. Driven by Form’s core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, our team is deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We seek to transform the energy landscape and do our part in making the world better for all. We are supported by leading investors who share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage will be a key enabler of tomorrow’s zero carbon electric system. Role Description
As Form transforms the grid, we are looking for a Sr. Global Supply Manager to directly enable our multi-day energy storage technology commercialization and scale up. This person will be responsible for developing and managing the global supply chain of critical cathode components used in Form’s pioneering air-breathing battery. They will establish sourcing and scale up strategies informed by cost, performance, risk, and industry analyses, deliver shrewd insight based on a deep understanding of Form’s technical and commercial needs, and guide thoughtful decision making to ensure delivery of high quality, low cost components that meet aggressive performance, cost, and timeline requirements.
This person will be both the internal and external point of contact for sourcing and procurement of these critical components. The successful candidate will rely on their combination of business acumen and technical depth to bring quantitative oversight and process-oriented approaches to the sourcing of these components, while developing and maintaining positive, productive relationships with internal stakeholders and external vendors alike. This position is part of the rapidly growing Supply Chain organization, and will report to the Manager, Global Supply Management. It will work very closely with Advanced Development, Engineering, Operations, and Finance teams.
What you'll do:
- Define and optimize cost, performance, and commercial targets for air electrode materials and components, including metal meshes, by working closely with engineering, development, and product teams
- Be the internal commercial expert by developing clear strategies and roadmaps for supply and scale up of materials, components, and manufacturing processes
- Own relationships with robust supplier pools that you identify and develop that are capable of delivering to Form’s needs
- Analyze manufacturing investments by modeling capital requirements, lead times, production processes and capacities
- Deliver favorable terms that optimize costs, lead times, and risk to Form, by managing the end-to-end process from supplier identification through RFQ’s, qualification, negotiation, and contracting
- Ensure Form is working with best-in-class suppliers by rigorously analyzing component and manufacturing cost structures, developing should-cost models, performing risk analyses, forecasting industry trends, and leveraging your own expertise
- Regularly report on sourcing status, progress, cost trajectories, capacity plans, and risks
What you'll bring:
- 3+ years professional experience in strategic sourcing, procurement, engineering, or quality management, with strong preference for experience with electrolysis or electrochemical device electrodes (e.g. fuel cells, batteries, chlor-alkali production)
- Quantitative, analytical, data-driven decision maker with a high attention to detail
- Track record of driving projects to completion, delivering results, and bringing new products to market
- Motivated by difficult problems, excited to collaborate across organizations, and seeking individual responsibility
- Ability to multitask, prioritize efforts, and effectively communicate progress and strategic roadmaps
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, engineering, business, finance, or other quantitative discipline
- Must be able to work in the US and travel globally as necessary
#LI-KG1Form Energy is committed to equitable compensation and we offer a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. We offer a 401k and all employees are granted stock options. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page. At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.