Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. ...View Company Profile
About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Remote-First Companies To Work for in 2022” by BuiltInSF.com
and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
As a Technical Design Specialist at Aurora Solar, you will ensure all our customers are set up for success by answering 3D Modeling Service questions, reviewing customer feedback, conducting quality assurance training, developing best practices with our design team, and assisting the customer with any technical hurdles that may arise. You will also influence our product design and direction by relaying customer requests back to Aurora’s Engineering and Management teams. If you enjoy working with people, and geek out about the technical and PV design aspects of the solar industry, we would love to hear from you.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Reply to inbound customer inquiries and questions through various channels including chat, email, phone, and virtual meetings
- Identify, troubleshoot, and escalate bugs to the development team using standardized escalation paths
- Contribute to internal and client-facing documentation
- Work closely with sales, product, engineering, and marketing teams to aid with various initiatives that impact our customers
- Develop best practices for 3DMS process integration, API reporting, and equipment updates.
- Liaise with customers and customer design teams to review modeling discrepancies and take corrective action.
- Identify opportunities to increase customer usage and take action on implementing these steps, or escalating to the appropriate member to do so
What we value:
- BA/BS degree in a relevant discipline
- Excellent written, chat, and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- 2 years or more of relevant experience in 3D modeling, PV design, or other technical, client-facing position
- Demonstrated interest in solar technology
- Skilled in building out and managing a support style-guide
- Passion for improving procedures, documentation, and efficiency
- Quality assurance reporting and tracking
- Knowledge of 3D modeling software, JIRA or ZenDesk
- Experience in a startup environment
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.