QuantumScape is on a mission to transform energy storage with solid-state lithium-metal battery technology. The company’s next-generation batteries are designed to enable longer range, faster charging and enhanced safety in electric vehicles to support the transition away from legacy energy sources toward a lower carbon future.QuantumScape is an energy storage technology company, located in San Jose, CA and we are working on a fundamental disruption in the field of energy storage. We seek to change the paradigm in energy storage by developing a completely new class of electrical energy storage device. We are backed by top VC firms and our groundbreaking technology is based on work done by Stanford University researchers.
Do you want to be involved and work on a critical part of the future energy economy? At QuantumScape, we are building and testing cells that are performing like no others. Our innovative designs are requiring new tests. The
Separator Engineering & Process Development team is looking to hire an experienced Senior Battery Test Engineer (Electrical Test) that will help us scale up our labs, solve technical problems and support the R&D teams design our future products.
As part of the Manufacturing Engineering team, you will help QuantumScape achieve success by supporting the development of our electrical test processes and equipment
Are you passionate for test, excited about new technology, and want to join a team pushing the boundaries of cell design and test? Then this could be your next career move!
- Passion for learning and motivation for success
- Curious, hands-on approach to problem-solving
- Share a real passion for our mission
- Possesses a can-do spirit and is a collaborative teammate and clear communicator
- Organized, meticulous, and has clear written and verbal communication skills
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor our processes and work with our existing team to ensure we produce quality data
- Work with internal and external suppliers to add to our existing test capabilities. This includes updating lab design, specifying equipment, working with vendors and our procurement team to source, install and validate the equipment
- Develop tools for the automated generation of test scripts, specify operating procedures and provide training for technicians in the operation of the equipment
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar concentration
- Minimum 5 years proven test development experience in an R&D or product development environment of design
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Advanced degree in Electrical or Systems Engineering
- Excellent familiarity with automated test development including specification, procurement, and validation
- Demonstrated test engineering experience in a manufacturing or large R&D environment
- Strong organizational skills, capable of managing small to medium projects
- Well developed analytical skills for making independent decisions based on data
- Understanding of the fundamentals of electrical measurement
- Capability of building test scripts using Python, C#
- Ability to evaluate test data using SQL to improve the testing processes
- Salary Range: $139,300 - $167,100 yearly
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.