As a Lead Operations Technician on Zoox’s Base Operation team, you will be responsible for the readiness of our L3 vehicle fleet. This includes planning for maintenance and repairs, updating the vehicle to the desired configuration, ensuring we have the proper tools and equipment in place, and that our facilities are functioning to the defined standards. Additionally, you will help to support our fleet operations team with preparation and readiness to ensure all targets are met. You will keep your team aligned with milestones and provide support in ensuring goals and objectives are met. You will develop key performance indicators for your team members and aid them in reaching their and Zoox’s mission.
- Engagement in the recruiting and hiring process for workshop personnel.
- Provide new-hire onboarding, training, and communicating expectations.
- Creating and managing employee schedules, including time-off.
- Support the analysis, documentation, and reporting of data as necessary.
- Support root cause analysis of component and full vehicle level issues.
- Perform vehicle level inspections, maintenance, and repairs.
- Manage workflow by allocating resources based on skill sets and ensures the job is done to internal quality standards.
- Enforcing all health and safety policies in the workshop.
- Work with the facilities team on equipment and machinery maintenance.
- Ensure the workshop area is clean, organized, and free of dangerous and/or hazardous material.
- Assist in repairs, upgrades, maintenance, and other tasks involved in fleet operations.
- Extensive knowledge of methods, techniques, parts, tools, and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles.
- 5+ years of technician experience
- 2+ years of leadership experience.
- Ability to travel locally and nationally as needed.
- Clean driving record.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects/deliverables.
- Team player that collaborates well cross-functionally.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must be honest, responsible, and an outstanding communicator.
- Extensive knowledge of CAN/LIN, wiring diagrams, wiring repair, and soldering is highly preferred.
- Experience working with test equipment in one or more areas like NVH, vehicle dynamics, thermal, strength, and durability.
- Experience in an automotive-focused engineering or research lab (i.e. Dyno, Battery, etc.).
- Experience with vehicle alignments and required adjustments.
- General understanding of electric vehicle architecture.
- Technical trade school certificate or Associate Degree in automotive repair.
- Understanding of Linux based operating systems.
- Basic knowledge of computer repair, troubleshooting, and networking.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: pay, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The pay range for this position is $53.00/hr to $67.00/hr. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The pay range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position. Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.Vaccine Mandate
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.