Our mission is to reverse climate change and return the atmosphere to 280 ppm CO₂, profitably. We convert waste biomass into carbon-rich bio-oil and inject it into permanent, underground storage as carbon removal, or reform the bio-oil to produce syngas for fossil-free steel.
Our carbon removal pathway took off in 2020 with initial purchases from customers like Stripe, Shopify & Microsoft. In 2021 and 2022 we delivered thousands of tons of carbon removal via off-the-shelf pathways, and also deployed our first R&D prototype pyrolyzer of our own. In the next 18 months, we'll build and deploy the next pyrolyzer revision, demonstrate our fossil-free ironmaking pilot, substantially expand our operations in Colorado and put thousands of tonnes of CO₂e underground.
We're looking to expand our team of ambitious creative and hands-on engineers, fabricators, operators, and forward-thinking humans. We value psychological safety and collaboration. We take calculated risks and don't sweep mistakes under the rug; instead, we pin them to the wall and learn from them. We value that everyone’s unique backgrounds and perspectives shape their work. We encourage you to read our company values
Come help us reverse climate change. Gigatons or bust!About the role:You'll be a part of a close-knit team working to fabricate prototypes, early production units, support structures and test equipment for our pyrolyzers. You will be working closely with the engineering team to ensure ease of manufacturing, and there will be opportunities for your input to make a serious impact on our designs. You will be reporting directly to the Shop Lead.
Skills and experience required are:
- Excellent Communication and People skills
- Experience TIG welding stainless steel pipe and tube.
- Experience fabricating sealed vessels that pass leak checks.
- Experience running shop machinery, including a mill, bandsaw, drill press, as well as power tools.
- Embrace shop safety and adopt best practices in terms of wearing PPE.
- An ability to work with different suppliers to source the parts you need.
- An eye for making things easier to manufacture and assemble.
- You have at least a high school diploma or a GED.
These skills are a bonus, but not essential:
What We Offer
- You've built both simple and complex assemblies of parts.
- You've fabricated in extreme environments (chemical plant, automotive, aerospace, oil and gas industry).
- You've worked in an R&D environment.
- You've dabbled in CAD (Solidworks, specifically).
- You have experience driving and using a forklift.
· Stock options· Medical and dental insurance· Traditional and Roth 401k· Paid parental leave managed through Cocoon- A yearly professional development stipend· Healthy snacks and lunches· A sweet workplace (both SF Minifactory and CO Miniforge!) with lots of space inside and out· A chance to pivot into a role in climate!Visa Sponsorship Policy
Since we are a small startup, certain accommodations for visa sponsorship may not be within our capability. At this time, Charm Industrial is only sponsoring E3 and TN visas. COVID-19
The nature of our work requires the vast majority of our team to be in-person full time. As the COVID-19 pandemic has evolved, we've continuously adapted our safety policy to keep our team safe and productive. Our current safety policy requires the attestation of COVID-19 vaccination to work at Charm. Additionally, we ask that all of our employees and visitors stay home and rest if they have any cold/flu/covid/sickness symptoms.Our Commitment
Charm Industrial is an equal opportunity employer with a firm commitment to growing our team in an inclusive way, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, medical condition, age, or veteran status. The consequences of climate change inherently affect some more than others, and we need a diverse team to help us save our little planet most effectively & justly. We are excited about all of those who choose to apply, and for those who end up joining us, to see how you better us as a team and company. We are more than the sum of our parts.