At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!In this position, the engineering risk manager will own and execute the risk, issues and opportunities (RIOs) risk management process by capturing and tracking risks and opportunities that may have technical, schedule or financial impact to the program. This position reports to the Program Management Office (PMO).
- Own and scale the RIO management process in support of programs.
- Work closely with technical teams to identify, capture, score and develop mitigation steps for risks, issues and opportunities.
- Run the biweekly RIO board meeting with RIO owners and program leadership. Review new risks and opportunities, and track mitigation progress to existing risks. Communicate the results of RIO board meetings.
- Ensure integration of RIO decisions with other processes.
- Analysis of RIO system, content, and recommended prioritization of RIO topics for RIO board meetings.
- 8+ years experience working in aerospace development programs.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- Aerospace program level risk and opportunity management experience
- Experience with an integrated master schedule (IMS)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; good organizational skills
- Experience with process development and scaling
- Ability to work with diverse cross functional engineering teams across geographic locations
- Experience in running Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) activities.
- Experience working in Agile
- Experience with Google Workspace
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
In order to protect the health and safety of all Wisk employees in the workplace, we are requiring that all employees receive an FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19 prior to physically returning to Wisk’s U.S. offices. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.