in our mission to change consumer behavior for the better. If you think humans buy too much stuff and throw too much away, then this problem is for you. We’re starting with fashion and expanding from there.
Archive is building an ‘operating system for resale’ that delivers a customized online secondhand marketplace site and the underlying infrastructure and operations to plug into all of the other facets of a brand’s global resale strategy.
About the role
- Work closely with front-end engineers to deliver core Archive product features; handling everything from database admin and graphQL action handlers to 3rd party integrations like Shopify apps and Stripe implementations.
- Design and implement systems for integration of brand data from a diverse set of APIs, existing platforms, and data formats.
- Develop metrics and checks for production data pipelines, ensuring observability and quality of data for the marketplace.
- Engage early with fashion brands to facilitate onboarding alongside our brand success team.
- Provide data and analytical support for brand growth initiatives.
- You are excited about the proposition of taking lessons learned from today’s data integration challenges and scaling them across the fleet of current and future brands.
- You are self-directed and do not shy away from unique, under-defined data problems.
- You take a principled, but pragmatic, approach to code and quality assurance.
- You are mission driven and love the fact that the better we do as a company, the less waste we’ll see in the world.
Skills / Experience
- Experience building and shipping performant, scalable services to real users
- Ability to handle upfront data complexity and break it down into an existing framework.
- Proficient with programming languages such as Python, Java, Typescript, or equivalent.
- Hands-on experience with SQL. Analytical SQL experience is a plus, but not required.
- Professional experience using a data orchestration framework such as Dagster, Airflow, Luigi, etc.
- Bonus: Experience in eCommerce, marketplace or multi-tenant platform development
- Bonus: experience with infrastructure-as-code such as Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.
- Bonus: prior experience in a technical, customer-facing role.
- Frontend: Next.js + React + Redux + Apollo Client (Typescript), Firebase Auth
- Backend: NodeJS (Typescript), Hasura GraphQL Engine, Python, Dagster
- Database: PostgreSQL
- Infrastructure: AWS, Terraform, Vercel, Render, Google Cloud
- Collaboration: Github, Linear, Notion, Slack
The expected annual base salary range for this position is $120,000 - $220,000. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors which include (but aren’t limited to) such as role level, skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, location, and experience. In addition to base pay, certain roles are eligible for equity as well.
Archive is a Series A startup backed by top-tier investors including Lightspeed and Bain Capital. We’re a fast growing team, working with over 30 brands including The North Face
and Oscar De La Renta
. The founders, Emily and Ryan, bring a mix of business and technology experience including 2 startups and a successful exit.
We are honored to be named one of The Information
's 50 Most Promising Startups of 2022. To build the list, The Information selected 50 companies that have the potential to be the most valuable businesses in their categories based on their current revenue, business model, and growth prospects.
The team is currently remote-first with hub offices in NY and LA and optional in-person work for those located in either of those two cities. Occasional travel expected.
We consider applicants of all backgrounds. If you are excited about what we’re building but don't meet some of the criteria above, please don’t let that discourage you from applying. Please note, we are unable to accept applications from candidates outside of the US at this time.