Our team is responsible for the design, development, and innovation of computer and sensor hardware for our autonomous vehicle. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, innovative, a self-starter, and excited to work as an exceptional mechanical engineer. In this role, you will be asked to design and analyze new mechanical components and improve existing hardware designs for our data-collection and production vehicles.
- Design mechanical components and assemblies for medium to high production volumes
- Work with mechanical, electrical, and test engineers to gather requirements and design components
- Communicate with external partners and cross-functional teams to gather requirements and get design feedback
- Perform structural, modal, and thermal analyses to validate mechanical designs
- Work with manufacturing engineers and technicians to create work instructions for medium to high production volumes
- Sustain programs over time by incorporating learning from test campaigns and feedback from fleet operations
- B.S in Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with mechanical design for electronics assemblies
- Experience with casting of metal components
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can work independently but isn’t afraid to ask for help from others
- Structural and thermal FEA experience
- Experience in mechanical test specifications and procedures
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $124,000 to $204,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position. Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.Vaccine Mandate
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.