Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
This is an opportunity to have a direct and daily impact in an exciting energy technology startup. We are seeking an Facilities maintenance technician/engineer to join our Site Operations team in support of our growing laboratory operations and testing equipment needs. The ideal candidate has strong troubleshooting skills, as well as solid experience with MEP systems (HVAC, Compressors, RODI, Compressed Gases, etc.). The role will require collaboration with engineers, scientists, and technicians to ensure that critical processes are not limited by the equipment or infrastructure. A successful candidate has a “can-do” attitude, can work independently with limited instruction and can give project/design feedback and suggestions to end users. Hands-on experience in R&D, manufacturing or laboratory operations is a plus.
What You'll Do:
- Support design and installations of facilities infrastructure projects that support wet chemistry, engineering processes, machine shop and general R&D activities
- Provide building maintenance and engineering support to the Site Operations Teams to assist in equipment selection, commissioning/troubleshooting, installation and assembly of new equipment, maintenance and repair
- Communicate in a timely manner to key stakeholders on projects and installations
- Troubleshoot and repair critical equipment within the manufacturing spaces, test related infrastructure and systems as specified by designs and schematics
- Provide input for integration to existing facility systems; work with design/installation teams to ensure proper coordination, review specifications and installations to confirm compliance with deliverables, ensure accurate contract drawings that meet code and site standards
- Utility capacity management, working with facility managers to manage a utility matrix and balancing utility loads
- Provide due diligence support or management for new sites and expansions
- Oversee and coordinate external contractors for on-site repairs
- Aid in the development of best practices, training, and identifying maintenance objectives of the various facilities and incorporate into a documented plan that includes preventive, corrective, and reliability maintenance procedures
- Procure, test, and commission specialist components, fixtures, or fittings
- Respond, evaluate, and document critical equipment alarms
- Be a champion for safety in the development of new equipment and processes
- Maintain life cycle documentation management of equipment (warranties, manuals, operator instructions) in company equipment management systems such as UpKeep.
What You'll Bring:
- Minimum Associates degree
- 5+ years experience in a hands-on facilities maintenance role and a technical expert in one or more of the following areas: Building Automation Systems, electromechanical and pneumatic systems, compressed air, controls, package rooftop HVAC, VAV systems, laboratory equipment, chemical treatment, plumbing, transfer switches, life safety systems and structural
- Experience in fast-paced high-tech environment with demonstrated problem-solving skills, willing to roll up your sleeves and contribute hands-on to the success of the teams
- Ability to analyze and interpret engineering drawings, wiring diagrams and schematics
- Familiarity with executing SOP’s in a manufacturing or R&D environmentExperience working with technicians, outside contractors and vendors
- Strong written and oral communication skills within a group of peers and the broader organization
- Physically able and skilled to operate electric hand tools, work on a ladder, carry tools, lift and carry heavy loads, and operate required equipment
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.