WAP Sustainability provides clients with the information and tools they need to create credible, measurable and attainable sustainability programs. Our ...View Company Profile
About WAP Sustainability
WAP Sustainability is a partnership of sustainability catalysts providing technical and strategic expertise to clients in a diverse set of industries, including consumer and building products, manufacturing, technology, and financial services. WAP’s core value lies is the organization’s competence and ability to support clients across a variety of sustainability services, such as Life Cycle Assessment, Chemicals Management, ESG reporting, and Carbon Accounting. We are fueled by creativity and entrepreneurial ambition. Our team strives to solve complex problems that make people, the environment, and the economy more resilient in these unprecedented times of global environmental change.
WAP Sustainability is seeking a motivated, values-driven individual to join our team of sustainability catalysts. This role will require strong technical skills and a passion for improving the environment by addressing the human health impacts of leading products and companies. The ideal candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced business setting focused on innovation, entrepreneurship, and change and willing to learn, grow, and maintain their expertise as the industry progresses. The ideal candidate will have documented experience conducting high-quality greenhouse gas inventories and/or Life Cycle Assessments (LCA) while also having a proven ability to communicate results in a manner that distills essential information into actionable priorities. Priority will be given to candidates with project management experience who are independently-driven problem solvers and effective collaborators with the ability to contribute a service-based attitude to the role, day in and day out. This is a full-time position. Relocation is not required.
- Proven ability and/or training in completing Life Cycle Assessments (LCA) and embodied carbon assessments following appropriate standards such as ISO14040/44, product category rules, and product carbon neutrality standards.
- Ability to learn leading LCA software such as GaBi, SimaPro, or OpenLCA.
- Proven ability and/or training in completing corporate Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Inventories using lending protocols and standards.
- Moderate to advanced ability to use excel to process large amounts of data.
- Ability to communicate key data needs, concepts, tactics, outcomes, and standards related to Life Cycle Assessments (LCA) and corporate Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Inventories.
- Highly organized with large volumes of data with a proven ability to manage online and offline databases.
- Ability to support sustainability reporting and public disclosure efforts through effective writing and communication. This includes, but is not limited to, the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), CDP, Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), SBTi, TCFD, and SASB.
- Research and develop enterprise wide physical and transitional risk outcomes and processes related to climate and sustainability.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and related value chain partners, such as raw material suppliers, for the purposes of data collection and quality assurance.
- Ability to effectively manage and organize multiple tasks across simultaneously occurring consulting projects in potentially high-stress situations.
- Independence, drive, and trust working in a remote atmosphere.
- Ability to define and communicate solutions to unstructured problems.
- Support the development of Life Cycle Assessments (LCA) through data processing, research, project management, and the interpretation of results. Outputs of projects include disclosures such as Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs), embodied carbon assessments, and comparative LCAs for building and consumer products.
- Support and manage corporate Greenhouse Gas (GHG) inventory projects that include Scope 1, Scope 2, and/or Scope 3 sources for manufacturing, consumer products, and financial service clients.
- Support the achievement of multi-attribute sustainability certifications through data collection, quality assurance, and auditing across a variety of industries.
- Support the development of corporate carbon reduction targets and net-zero goals using leading methodologies and standards.
- Support the reporting process and prepare submittals to carbon transparency reporting and scoring platforms, such as the CDP.
- Research and identify opportunities for direct and indirect emissions reductions using a variety of tools including energy generation and efficiency, optimized materials, carbon credit procurement, and supply chain engagement.
- Collaborate with team members cross-functionally to support and leverage other services, such as climate risk, material health and toxicology, and ESG reporting.
- Continually educate self on trends and changes to carbon accounting and Life Cycle Assessments (LCA) methods and reporting standards. Provide education on trends and evolving standards to the WAP team and clients.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, environmental science, sustainability, or another related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Moderate to advanced ability using Microsoft excel.
- Formal training and accreditation in conducting GHG inventories and/or LCA preferred.
- 1-3+ years experience with carbon accounting, GHG inventories, LCA, and/or sustainability consulting experience.
- Salary negotiated based on experience.
- End of year bonus based on performance.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
Send a résumé and cover letter to Brad McAllister at email@example.com with “Application: Analyst - Carbon Accounting and Life Cycle Assessment” in the subject line.