We are looking for an experienced structured & project finance associate to assist with the successful structuring, negotiation and closing of third-party capital for Generate’s sustainable infrastructure assets and loan portfolios. Using your strong project financing transaction expertise and comprehensive market knowledge you will play an integral role in all aspects of deal execution, coordinate with internal stakeholders and external partners and be responsible for due diligence, modeling, documentation, closing and funding transactions to established timelines.
You are incredibly analytical and quantitative while also a communicator and a relationship builder, passionate about the type of work Generate is doing, looking to apply your relevant banking or finance experience to help scale a young business through our capital resources and profile.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as a Senior Associate, Project and Structured Finance:
- Work as part of a small (but growing) team as an integral part of the capital markets strategy
- Execute on debt structures that allow the company to finance individual assets, asset portfolios and credit portfolios most efficiently
- Work as a member of the deal team on project level financings, supporting on all aspects of deal structuring, due diligence and execution, and bringing transactions to a successful closing
- Build and oversee financial models to perform comparison and financial valuation analyses on potential capital structure optimization initiatives
- Build and maintain strong relationships with banks, direct lenders and other relevant third-party capital providers
- Prepare materials used for investor, management and board-level presentations in order to support capital management decisions
- Keep up with relevant industry trends and information through research reports and news releases
- Monitor financial market and insurance industry developments and assess their impact on the business and strategy
Candidate qualifications & core characteristics:
- A demonstrated passion for, and commitment to, our mission
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline or equivalent work experience, with outstanding academic record and high level of personal integrity
- 4-6 years of relevant industry experience with a demonstrated track record of structuring and closing on project finance debt transactions (e.g. project & structured finance, investment banking, direct lending)
- Experience in levering loan portfolios, as well as any of Structured Finance / Securitization / CLOs / US Private Placements is a plus
- Strong ownership mentality for all aspects of the financial modeling, due diligence and deal execution process
- Sustainable infrastructure or renewable energy industry experience is a plus
- Outstanding analytical, quantitative and technical abilities, including expert command over project finance modeling concepts
- Strong understanding of project finance concepts, accounting and financial statements
- Excellent PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Flexibility: We seek an individual who is both creative and commercial and who is comfortable managing multiple work streams and projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the desire to work with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Intelligence and humility; unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good”
Generate’s compensation packages are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Salary decisions take into account a wide variety of factors including, but not limited to: skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, geographic location, and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is $120,000 - $211,000. In addition, the compensation package may include a discretionary bonus and other benefits, including health care benefits, retirement benefits, benefits permitting paid days off (including sick leave, parental leave, and paid time off or vacation benefits), and other benefits that must be reported for federal tax purposes. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at the top of this range.
Generate Capital is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.