Who is NCX?
- The trusted, number one provider of American-made forest carbon credits.
- Rapidly growing and backed by top investors including Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff, Union Square Ventures, Microsoft’s Climate Innovation Fund, and Version One Ventures. We’ve already doubled in size once this year and are on track for another doubling before the end of the year.
Creating tangible impact in communities across the US: see what our Landowners and Business partners say about us.
Our technology enables net-zero pioneers like Microsoft to pay landowners to delay timber harvests. Together, we’ve generated an expected climate impact of over 1 million metric tons of carbon dioxide equivalent in 2021. Join us in shaping the future of forestry and climate economics and see what the world is saying about us.
Our Goal: Create a Massive Positive Environmental Global Impact
We’re democratizing access to forest carbon markets and fighting climate change - that’s no small feat. But our ambition doesn’t stop there.
Up next: wildlife habitats, fire risk reduction, water resources, and more. We are building new economic mechanisms to fully understand and fairly value forests.
At NCX, you will have a massive impact on shaping our growth, culture, and product to best serve our customers all while combating climate change.
Do the Best Work of Your Life
NCX's Sustainability Team is looking for a corporate sustainability or carbon markets professional who is excited to gain experience in the fast-paced world of start-up business development and enterprise, B2B sales. You are energized by the opportunity to advise sustainability leaders in the use of offsets and nature-based solutions in their net zero/decarbonization/sustainability plans and support the NCX business development team in technical discussions related to carbon markets, climate science, forest economics, and the NCX technology and methodology. You will report to the Chief Sustainability Officer and play a critical bridging role between the sustainability and business development teams, including directly supporting sustainability team efforts as they relate to communications and research on corporate sustainability best practices and trends.
What You’ll Do
- Support Business Development team conversations with sustainability leaders by providing expertise on corporate sustainability strategy, carbon markets, and NCX tech/methodology
- Support Business Development team training on sustainability and carbon markets
- Provide advice to sustainability leaders on how to incorporate carbon credits into their net zero, decarbonization or other sustainability strategy and reporting
- Stay up to date on the latest trends in corporate sustainability and summarize these for both sustainability and business development teams, particularly evolving corporate sustainability best practices as it relates to initiatives such as SBTi
- Outline and write blog posts and other communications relevant to corporate sustainability audiences
- Provide critical link between business development team and sustainability - sharing customer perspective/challenges with the sustainability team
- May represent NCX in public buyer forums such as panel discussions, conferences, etc.
- Support the sustainability team as needed (and bandwidth permitting) with communications and research on corporate sustainability best practices.
Sound Like You?
- 5+ years in role related to sustainability, climate, and/or carbon markets, a focus on nature-based solutions is a plus
- Master’s degree in environmental science, sustainability, climate or other related field
- Exceptional written and verbal communicator, with an ability to distill complex, technical topics
- Energized by meeting new people, learning their needs, and building relationships
Earn an equity stake in a fast-growing, well capitalized start-up.
Setting You Up for Success
- 100% fully remote workforce
- Full technology support
- $1,000 budget for home office set up
Generous Time Off and Perks
- 20 vacation days 15 company holidays
- Flexible parental leave
- Annual in-person All Hands meetings
NCX is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States