Our mission is to enable the solar industry to scale efficiently.
Raptor Maps is the leading provider of lifecycle management software ...View Company Profile
Solar power is the largest source of new energy in the world. Raptor Maps is a fast-growing, venture-backed, MIT-born climate tech startup that is building software to enable the solar energy industry to scale. Parties across the entire solar lifecycle use Raptor Maps’ data model to manage ever growing utility-scale solar portfolios. We are an industry leader with hundreds of customers, including owners, builders, operators, and aerial service providers, across over 40 countries with 200+ million solar panels under management. Our software platform is essential in the fight against climate change.
We are looking for a business development expert to level up our strategic sales. This role will engage with the largest stakeholders in the solar industry to forge meaningful partnerships, build project finance models to support the sales team, and lead the charge to bring new value to customers as the Raptor Maps platform expands. The right candidate for this role can work with a high level of autonomy, develop and execute out-of-the-box sales strategies, and develop deep relationships with key stakeholders. The breadth of this role will require a well-rounded candidate who can leverage strong critical thinking skills to tackle new, unique challenges.
- Become an expert on the Raptor Maps platform and solar industry
- Identify new and creative business opportunities
- Develop project finance models to enable the sales team to demonstrate deep value to key customers
- Determine optimal strategic partners across the solar industry
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders including asset owners, banks, insurers, and financiers
- Work closely with the sales team to close high-impact deals
- Collaborate with the product team to deliver customer feedback and optimize the Raptor Maps platform
All Raptor Maps Team Members Have:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in strategic sales, consultative sales, or consulting
- Strong excel and modeling skills
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, presentation, and on social media
- Proven track record of communicating product value to key prospects
- Ability to pinpoint customer pain points and accurately assess the transactional value for both the company and customer.
- Ability to work both individually and collaboratively within a team environment
- Self-motivated, tenacious, confident, independent, and strong attention to detail
- Must be primarily located in the contiguous US
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Experience in the solar or energy industries is a plus
Complete ownership and accountability over their role and success in the team.Transparency into the operations of the rest of the company and are expected to be transparent and communicate honestly and effectively.A sense of urgency. We are tackling a global problem, working in a fast-paced industry, and building a once in a lifetime company at Raptor Maps.Benefits
Raptor Maps is a remote-first company with employees across the country and headquarters at Greentown Labs in Boston, MA. Team members are free to work anywhere in the lower 48 states. A few remote benefits include:- Paid travel for in-person team trips- Healthcare with dental and vision options- Unlimited vacation policy - 401(k)- Desk budget- Monthly remote social events and plenty of DoorDash credit- Amazing team members that tend to love memes, pets, solar, and just generally getting out and being active
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply if you’re excited about this role and the future of solar.
Check out details on our recently raised Series B