Zoox is developing fully autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring the technology to market at scale. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
The Data team leverages data from our autonomous vehicles and operations to determine autonomy and service readiness. We provide the foundation for strategic decision-making at Zoox. You will be responsible for leading a team of data scientists who partner with our AI, simulation, and mission assurance teams to drive improvements, inform development, and identify high leverage projects on our path towards autonomy. You will play a key role in enabling Zoox to develop and scale with a data-driven environment.
Typical team tasks include:- Statistical analysis- Predictive analytics- Building BI dashboards
You will join a diverse, experienced team with rapidly growing scope and responsibility while also having access to one of the most unique data sets in the autonomous vehicle industry.
- As a Manager on the Data team, you will lead a group of data scientists, acting as a force multiplier for the applied research teams
- Balancing internal priorities, external requests, and unscheduled work is a key responsibility
- You will be responsible for hiring for and maintaining the health of your Data subteam
- You will help to grow and coach your direct reports and support the continued success of their careers
- Experience growing and managing small teams, strong communication skills, and a servant leadership mindset
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize development work and build cross-functional consensus
- Experience driving decision-making at various levels in an organization
- Familiarity with SQL and either Python, R, or Scala
- Sound statistical inference skills, with the ability to communicate uncertainty appropriately to engineering and business stakeholders
- Experience designing metrics and building mechanisms to fuel business insights
- Experience with Spark or large-scale data analysis
- Basic fluency in C++
- Experience with geospatial data analysis
- Familiarity with or exposure to experimentation platforms
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $204,000 to $294,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.Vaccine Mandate
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.