Join us on the journey to get to net zero
At Carbon Direct, we dedicate our scientific, software, and business expertise to empower organizations around the world to take climate action.Our Mission
Enable organizations to reduce, remove, and utilize their emissions with carbon scienceWe are a purpose-driven carbon management firm dedicated to helping organizations around the world reach their climate goals. We make carbon science accessible and actionable with our end-to-end platform.Global citizens with global impact
Whether a scientist, developer, or carbon markets expert, we are united by our mission to take climate action now. We are experts in our fields and we act with confidence. Located across 4 countries and 10+ states in the U.S., we offer both remote-friendly work options and dynamic, in-person experiences with offices located in Seattle, WA and Oakland, CA.Diverse backgrounds bring diverse perspectives
We recognize that teams with diverse backgrounds and different experiences are powerful. Bringing together a variety of perspectives only enhances how we can effectively address the climate crisis. Together, we are creating an environment where everyone is celebrated and anyone can succeed.Check out our homebase in Seattle, WA
Carbon Direct’s main office is in Seattle, Washington. We are centrally located near the famous Pike Place Market and Sculpture Park. From our office with panoramic views, we can look out at the beauty of the Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains, and be inspired in our work to save the planet.The RoleThe People & Culture Manager will help build a world-class employee experience at Carbon Direct to ensure we are the best place to work on the planet’s most pressing problem. People & Culture (P&C) at Carbon Direct is grounded in equity and encompasses the end-to-end employee lifecycle including compensation, benefits, performance management, and all People-related systems and infrastructure. You will report directly into the Head of People & Culture and help build many of these functions from scratch. We are a rapidly growing organization where flexibility is highly-valued. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to combine strategic, long-term thinking with daily prioritization and getting things done. This is a career-defining opportunity for a self-starter that is comfortable wearing a lot of hats across the People & Culture function. Although a background in climate work is a plus but not a prerequisite, a passion for solving climate problems is required.
- Roll up your sleeves to execute initiatives across the employee life cycle from onboarding to employee engagement, performance management, compensation and benefits, and employee recognition
- Embed equity & inclusion into all of our practices to help ensure all of our employees feel belonging and thrive at Carbon Direct
- Build and lead our new hire onboarding experience to help ensure our team members feel supported from Day 1
- Help to embed and implement new People & Culture platforms and systems, such as engagement and pulse surveys, as well as improve existing systems, processes and data
- Maintain knowledge, trends, and compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, best practices, and serve as advocate for our employees, providing them with appropriate information as needed
LocationFor this role, we welcome remote employees. We have teams based in the New York, San Francisco, and Seattle metropolitan areas and have a slight preference for candidates in those locations. Benefits
- Demonstrated experience and increasing responsibilities within a People & Culture function, ideally in a fast-paced, outcome-oriented professional environment (consulting, startup, not-for-profit, etc.)
- Solid working knowledge of major People & Culture disciplines, including: diversity, equity & inclusion, total rewards, learning and development, talent acquisition, human resources systems, employee and labor relations
- Excellent communication skills and ability to coach, influence, and partner with various levels of leaders and employees
- Ability to flex across long-term strategic thinking and day-to-day detailed tasks, and deliver projects with an emphasis on employee experience
- Experience building and embedding People & Culture programs and policies across a globally distributed workforce is a plus
- Ability to embrace change: can thrive and create your own structure in a fluid work environment
- Cross-functional collaborator able to relationships with a global, distributed team
- Systems - experience with Lever and Lattice strongly preferred; experience with Google Suite, Slack, Notion, and Zoom a plus
While we love our work, our lives aren’t defined by it. At Carbon Direct, we offer a robust benefits package that considers the whole person, their partners, and their families – and we’re always looking to improve.
Our U.S. benefits* include:Comprehensive nationwide medical, dental, and vision coverage. See a preview of our coverage here
.20 days of paid time off and 11 company-wide holidays16 weeks of paid parental and family leaveRemote-friendly work culture with annual company-wide retreatsReimbursement for your work-from-home setup
*These benefits apply to U.S.-based
employees only. Employees outside of the U.S. receive benefits that vary by country. To learn more, contact email@example.com
.Equal Opportunity Employer
Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way Carbon Direct selects and approaches the climate crisis, as well as the creativity and applicability of Carbon Direct's advisory and investment work.
Carbon Direct is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. We adhere rigorously to our equal employment opportunity policies in connection with all employment decisions, including hiring, compensation and promotion.