We are developing a new class of cost-effective, multi-day energy storage systems that will enable a reliable and fully-renewable electric ...View Company Profile
Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing cost-effective multi-day energy storage systems to enable the global electricity system to run on 100% low-cost renewable energy, every day of the year. Driven by Form’s core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, our team is deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We seek to transform the energy landscape and do our part in making the world better for all. We are supported by leading investors who share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage will be a key enabler of tomorrow’s zero carbon electric system. Role Description
The Software Engineering team at Form builds innovative internal tools that touch every part of Form’s product and company. There are four subteams: Tech Data accelerates hardware technology development via data engineering for battery and IoT data; Formware accelerates business development via grid modeling tools; Opsware accelerates company operations via apps for manufacturing and R&D; and Platform owns the data warehouse and compute infrastructure that underlie everything else. We’re a Python/React/AWS shop and use a modern data stack including Snowflake, dbt, and Dagster.
As a member of the Tech Data team, you’ll work across our data pipeline, data warehouse, and adjacent tools to build infrastructure that enables our battery hardware engineers to run tests and analyze the results more effectively. On any given day, this could mean ingesting new types or sources of data for analysis, building functionality for monitoring lab tests of battery cells, or making core infrastructure improvements that increase scalability. Together with the rest of the team, you will also support our scientists and hardware engineers by answering their questions about how to access data and use available software tools.
What You'll Do:
- Develop software services and tools that improve data quality and accelerate data analysis
- Work directly with battery R&D team at all stages of the software development lifecycle, from defining feature requirements to supporting data access and analysis
- Act as a collaborative member of a distributed software engineering team
What You'll Bring:
Form Energy, where possible, embraces a digital work environment and supports onsite, hybrid, and remote types of work with office locations in Somerville, MA (Greater Boston), Berkeley, CA (San Francisco Bay Area), and Eighty Four, PA (Greater Pittsburgh). #LI-DNIForm Energy is committed to equitable compensation and we offer a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. We offer a 401k and all employees are granted stock options. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page. At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Passion for our mission, sustainability, and fighting climate change
- Minimum 2+ years of professional software engineering industry experience
- Fluency in Python and SQL for data analysis and data engineering
- Experience developing and maintaining systems in production
- Experience developing or working with ETL pipelines or data warehouses a plus
- Experience with tools for data visualization or UX a plus, such as React, Plotly/Dash, or Sigma BI
- A strong spirit of collaboration, characterized by building relationships and finding joy in users’ success
- A pragmatic approach to problem-solving that blends good judgment, clear communication, dependable follow-through, creative use of resources, and joy in the process
- An eagerness for continual learning
- Background in renewable energy, energy storage, utilities, or a strong desire to learn