Why We’re Rad (about us):
Rad Power Bikes, America’s largest electric bike brand, is on a mission to get people onto bikes that are built for everything and priced for everyone.
Our company is a driving force behind the e-bike market expansion in North America, and we’re growing rapidly in Europe. We are the first mover in the omnichannel retail space for personal mobility products and we continue to develop industry-leading, innovative e-bikes. Rad Power Bikes has grown to 500,000+ customers, leading a global revolution in low carbon mobility. We are looking for RADICAL people to join our global teams: Responsible, Approachable, Diverse, Innovative, Customer-Driven, Accountable, and always Learning.
We are seeking a Service Supervisor to oversee our Brooklyn service department. This role will work with retail, assembling & approving bikes for safety checks as well as in our Service department. If you like to problem solve, work with bikes, motors, etc. and want to help us build a world-class service department, we need you!
Weekend availability required as the schedule is subject to change.
The showroom will be opening in Sept 2022. We are looking to have this person started prior, for training and leadership during final stages of pre-open.
Why You’re Rad (about you):
- 4+ years of experience with bikes in a formal setting
- Prior experience supervising mechanics and/or assemblers
- Good communication skills, friendly attitude and interest in working with ebike consumers
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to lift and move 50+ lb boxes on a regular basis
- Must be able to stand for long periods
You get bonus points for:
- Experience with electric bikes or vehicles
- Prior experience working in a service department or customer-facing role
Had you been with us last month, the top 5 things you would have impacted are:
Working at Rad is built around our RADICAL values - we are:
- Learned about the ebike industry to understand the products we offer on a technical level
- Partnered with our Service Manager on developing goals & metrics for success for our service department
- Performed bicycle repairs, tuned & fit bikes for customers, and ensured that all safety checks were performed
- Assisted with inventory management of materials, such as bike accessories, tools, spare parts, and other materials as needed
- Helped to train more junior mechanics and ebike assemblers
- Participated in local outreach events and related events with the sales team as needed
- Maintained workshop organization and cleanliness
Responsible to our environment, community, partners, and teamAccountable, we take ownership, bias to action, seek and provide feedbackDiverse, inclusive of experiences, backgrounds and skills, we value every voiceInnovators, we challenge ourselves and the status quo, we are originalCustomer driven, completely, we do the right thing for our ridersApproachable, kind, we collaborate and are always willing to helpLearners, we grow our skills, we are humble and seek to improve Does this sound like you? Please apply and join us! Rad Power Bikes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 800-939-0310 or email@example.com. Recruitment Agencies: We partner with 3rd party recruitment resources as needed. If we require assistance on this search we will contact selected partners directly; we do not accept unsolicited candidate submissions.