What you will do
Volkswagen ClimatePartner GmbH is a joint venture by Volkswagen Kraftwerk GmbH and ClimatePartner GmbH, aiming to develop and finance quality carbon offset projects. Our projects are proven to save CO2-emissions and are certified under recognized standards. They can offset CO2-emissions resulting from the manufacture and sale of products that cannot be reduced any further at the moment. All our projects create better living conditions and contribute to a healthier environment in their respective regions. In doing so, they support sustainable development with added social value that is in line with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Volkswagen ClimatePartner GmbH is looking for a Freelancer (m/f/d) or a Company to support in screening, planning, developing, and managing GHG emission reduction projects mainly in Brazil. A strong focus will be on nature-based solutions and methodologies, but also on renewable energies and carbon capture, utilization, storage (CCUS), and community-based projects.
Freelance project description
- Implementation and management of climate change mitigation projects mainly in Brazil within the framework of nature-based solutions (REDD+, Afforestation, Reforestation, Blue Carbon and Soil Organic Carbon) as well as other project types under the current standards such as VERRA and Gold Standard and upcoming standards
- Support and management of validation and verification audits and preparation of relevant documentation and reports
- Proactive networking with relevant organizations, project owners and developers, technology providers, industry associations, multilateral organizations, government agencies, and others
- Participation in relevant events and conferences in order to expand the existing project partner network
- Support of the Marketing and Communications team in project information requests
Who you are
- At least 5+ years of experience in the field of climate change, preferably with experience in project management and development of CDM, VCS and Gold Standard projects and methodologies
- Profound knowledge of GHG emission reduction standards and methodologies
- Knowledge of nature-based solutions like REDD+, Afforestation, Reforestation, Blue Carbon, and Soil Organic Carbon is considered as advantage
- Experience in project implementation over the project lifecycle
- Experience in project management
The cooperation can start immediately or later by arrangement.
How to apply
Simply click the application button below to apply to this position. Make sure that you include the following documents in English:
- your latest CV
- a cover letter
Have any questions? Feel free to contact Sarah Teich
, +49 89 23121-8626) from Talent Acquisition.
Creating an inclusive environment is important to us. We provide equal opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to any aspect which makes them unique. If you need any reasonable adjustments to make the application process accessible for you, we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
We look forward to your application!