What you will do
Volkswagen ClimatePartner GmbH is a joint venture by Volkswagen Kraftwerk GmbH and ClimatePartner GmbH, aiming to develop and finance quality carbon offset projects. Our projects are proven to save CO2-emissions and are certified under recognized standards. They can offset CO2-emissions resulting from the manufacture and sale of products that cannot be reduced any further at the moment. All our projects create better living conditions and contribute to a healthier environment in their respective regions. In doing so, they support sustainable development with added social value that is in line with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
As part of Volkswagen ClimatePartner, you will be responsible for the quality assurance of carbon offset projects being in the initiation phase or already in the portfolio. You will ensure compliance with the standards both with contractors and projects developers.
You will be reporting directly to the Managing Director, and you will closely collaborate with our other teams like Project Development, Legal, Finance and Market Intelligence.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Conduction of technical due diligences for carbon offset projects that are either in the initiation phase or already in Volkswagen ClimatePartner’s portfolio
- Establishment of tools and structures for due diligence processes
- Coordination of the further development of due diligence processes for the quality review of carbon offset projects
- Selection and management of external due diligence service providers
- Assessment of carbon offset projects with respect to GHG emission reduction standards and other sustainability criteria
- Regular review of carbon offset projects in Volkswagen ClimatePartner's portfolio
- Close cooperation with the Project Development team
- Interface to Legal, Finance, Portfolio Management and Market intelligence
- Contact person for critical project issues
- Conduction of Business Partner audits
Who you are
- You hold a master’s degree in engineering or natural science
- At least 5+ years of relevant work experience in performing technical due diligences
- Knowledge of carbon offset projects, GHG emission reduction standards and methodologies
- Ability to analyse and structure complex problems as well as formulate solutions
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Quick comprehension and distinctive entrepreneurial thinking
- High reliability in meeting deadlines
- Team spirit and enjoyment of interdisciplinary collaboration
- Excellent communication skills in English
How to apply
Simply click the application button below to apply to this position. Make sure that you include the following documents in English:
- your latest CV
- a cover letter
Have any questions? Feel free to contact Sarah Teich
(email@example.com, +49 89 23121 - 8626) from Talent Acquisition.
Creating an inclusive environment is important to us. We provide equal opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to any aspect which makes them unique. If you need any reasonable adjustments to make the application process accessible for you, we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
We look forward to your application!