Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We seek a Manager of Electrolyte Development to manage the discovery and development of the electrolyte component of Form Energy’s long-duration energy storage system. The Electrolyte Development team you lead will be responsible for defining high performance electrolyte constituents that are durable and compatible with all other cell components; that can be produced at scale, cost, and quality; and which have performance-based specifications that can be leveraged by our Supply Chain team to achieve industry-leading cost structures. Reporting into our Director, Cell Performance
, you will use both your technical and managerial experience to lead a dynamic team that solves hard and, at times, open ended technical problems with rigor and creativity.
What You'll Do
- Manage and grow a world-class team of scientists responsible for the discovery and development of promising new electrolyte constituents
- Lead the electrolyte development process and strategic planning for Form Energy’s iron-air battery cell with intra- and cross-team coordination
- Develop and execute on a cost-down strategy for electrolyte
- Work closely within Performance and Integration and with Product Development to ensure electrolyte requirements and testing strategies capture new understanding
What You'll Bring
- B.S. or higher in chemistry, chemical engineering or related physical science
- 8+ years of professional experience (inclusive of graduate school)
- At least 2 year in a technical management role
- Experience with electrochemical systems required
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.