We are developing a new class of cost-effective, multi-day energy storage systems that will enable a reliable and fully-renewable electric ...View Company Profile
Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing cost-effective multi-day energy storage systems to enable the global electricity system to run on 100% low-cost renewable energy, every day of the year. Driven by Form’s core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, our team is deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We seek to transform the energy landscape and do our part in making the world better for all. We are supported by leading investors who share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage will be a key enabler of tomorrow’s zero carbon electric system. Role Description
We seek a Manager of Electrolyte Development to manage the discovery and development of the electrolyte component of Form Energy’s long-duration energy storage system. The Electrolyte Development team you lead will be responsible for defining high performance electrolyte constituents that are durable and compatible with all other cell components; that can be produced at scale, cost, and quality; and which have performance-based specifications that can be leveraged by our Supply Chain team to achieve industry-leading cost structures. Reporting into the Senior Manager of Cell Performance
, you will use both your technical and managerial experience to lead a dynamic team that solves hard and, at times, open ended technical problems with rigor and creativity.
What You'll Do
- Manage and grow a world-class team of scientists responsible for the discovery and development of promising new electrolyte constituents
- Lead the electrolyte development process and strategic planning for Form Energy’s iron-air battery cell with intra- and cross-team coordination
- Develop and execute on a cost-down strategy for electrolyte
- Work closely within Performance and Integration and with Product Development to ensure electrolyte requirements and testing strategies capture new understanding
What You'll Bring
#LI-JP1Form Energy is committed to equitable compensation and we offer a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. We offer a 401k and all employees are granted stock options. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page. At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- M.S. or higher in chemistry, chemical engineering or related physical science
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- At least 1 year in a technical management role
- Experience with electrochemical systems required