Zoomo is the world’s leading provider of e-bikes for delivery, we’re a fast-growing start-up with operations in the US, UK, France, Spain, Germany , Australia and we’re just getting started.
We’ve raised >US$95m and are a trusted partner to some of the world’s most innovative companies including Uber, Doordash, Gorillas and Getir. And now we’re looking for more passionate self-starters to grow with us.
At Zoomo, we’re pedalling hard for net-Zero, and our vision is to transition every urban delivery mile to light-electric vehicles. The world is shifting to on-demand delivery and we’re providing the wheels to make it happen.
Expect to join a fast-paced and supportive environment where opportunities are unlimited and your career development is our priority.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Zoomo is looking for a Technical Lead to be an integral part of an exciting squad within the engineering team.
You will be responsible for leading a greenfield product to deliver business value by owning the complete software development lifecycle from inception to delivery and its post-release support. You will be responsible for maintaining coding quality, design and implementation of new and agreed architectures using best standards and modern architectures. You will be a mentor to other engineers and participate in forums within the wider team to share knowledge, experience, best practices and collaboratively raise the standard of engineering.
- At a department level, you’ll collaborate with other technical leads, engineers and leadership team members to help define the future of Zoomo’s technical vision, strategy and roadmap.
- At a squad level, you’ll take full ownership of technical solutions in both the discovery and delivery stages. You’ll work closely with the Product Manager in your squad to help define the product roadmap and regularly plan sprints and groom backlogs for the team.
- You’ll lead the discovery stage to assist engineering, product and design teams to validate assumptions.
- You’ll lead the delivery stage to guide the engineering team in developing a well-architected solution with backend and frontend components for both Desktop and Mobile.
- You’ll engage in software architecture discussions across squads to help evolve Zoomo’s software platform to meet the growing global expansions.
- You’ll engage with other technical leads and engineers to help define high standards for code, deployments and documentation.
- You’ll coach junior engineers in their technical progression.
- Actively participate in technical knowledge sharing sessions to promote best practices and the latest technology trends
WHAT YOU’LL BRING WITH YOU
- 2+ years of experience being a technical lead for a team of senior and junior engineers.
- 5+ years of experience building, shipping and maintaining highly scalable web applications and backend services.
- Strong experience in modern engineering architectures (Event-driven Microservices)
- Experience developing and deploying tech stacks in the cloud: AWS and/or GCP
- Experience with deployment pipelines (CI/CD), containers and microservices.
- Experience writing testable code and deep knowledge of testing best practices.
- Comfortable leading large technical projects and can effectively break big projects into small, testable pieces to consistently hit business-meaningful milestones.
- An understanding of the business impact of projects you build and the ability to prioritise projects by balancing between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- Placing a high value on collaboration, knowing that we can be better as a team than as individuals.
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
- Transport or LEV industry experience.
- Experience working with multiple Node Frameworks like NestJS.
- Experience with Frontend frameworks like React.js and/or Angular.
- Experience working with multiple Event Streaming services like AWS Kinesis, Kafka, etc.
WHY WORK AT ZOOMO?
At Zoomo, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunities. We offer you the chance to be part of an organisation in hyper-growth mode with plenty of opportunities for personal development, including:
- The opportunity to be part of a mission driven company and make a difference in people’s lives.
- Competitive Salary + Equity Options
- Flexible working hours
- Tech Allowance and Monthly Wellbeing Allowance
- Pet-Friendly Sydney HQ
- Zoomo eBike
Zoomo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Even if you don't think you tick all the boxes, but believe that you have the skills and capabilities to make an impact, we'd love to hear from you.