We are developing a new class of cost-effective, multi-day energy storage systems that will enable a reliable and fully-renewable electric ...View Company Profile
Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing cost-effective multi-day energy storage systems to enable the global electricity system to run on 100% low-cost renewable energy, every day of the year. Driven by Form’s core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, our team is deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We seek to transform the energy landscape and do our part in making the world better for all. We are supported by leading investors who share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage will be a key enabler of tomorrow’s zero carbon electric system. Role Description
We are looking for a Senior Development Technician to work closely with the Somerville-based Cell Design team to fabricate and assemble prototypes for our grid-scale batteries. This role is embedded directly in the engineering team and will support various mechanical engineering efforts including design, prototyping, and testing. The Senior Development Technician will work independently to build prototypes and set up tests based on high-level direction. They will collaborate with facilities and technical operations to build and maintain test infrastructure and provide feedback to the engineering team to optimize designs for performance and manufacturability. The ideal candidate has great mechanical intuition, knowledge of prototyping techniques, and can come up with innovative solutions on the fly.
What You'll Do:
- Use shop tools (sheet metal brake, 3D printers, manual mill, etc.) to build and assemble prototypes and on-offs for engineering efforts
- Fabricate new hardware for unique test instrumentation associated with new prototypes
- Complete basic design tasks (e.g. fabricate an enclosure) based on high level instructions
- Participate in design reviews and give design feedback to the engineering team
- Facilitate installation and assembly of new equipment
What You'll Bring:
Form Energy is committed to equitable compensation and we offer a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. We offer a 401k and all employees are granted stock options. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page. At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- 4+ years experience as a technician or in a hands on role, ideally 2-3 years in a startup environment
- Experience working with plastics, plumbing, and sheet metal
- Ability to do basic wiring and sensor installation from simple schematics
- Comfort using sensor and data acquisition systems (e.g. multimeter, thermocouple logger)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort using Gsuite tools (Gmail, Google Docs, etc.)
- A positive get-it-done attitude!