Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We are looking for a hands-on individual to help us develop our core technology by processing electrochemical testing methods for large-scale experimental cell builds. In this role, you will work as a part of our Development Operations’ test team and Engineering teams to apply theoretical concepts learned in university to real world laboratory applications. The ideal candidate will be familiar working in chemically and electrically diverse laboratory environments and excited to learn a variety of electrochemical testing techniques and processes. This position offers an exciting opportunity for an individual to apply and expand their technical skills and learn from an experienced team to directly impact the development of a breakthrough technology.
What You'll Do:
- Analyze test data and lab performance to help evaluate test reliability
- Document methods to stabilize outcomes
- Engage with cross-functional team efforts to improve our processes and testing capabilities
- Perform cell and test instrument troubleshooting to identify opportunities for performance improvement
- Work closely with our test technicians to improve daily workflows and processes critical to the company’s research and development programs
What You'll Bring:
- Familiarity with electrochemical test instruments including but not limited to Maccor, Arbin, Bio-Logic and/or VersaSTAT
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python and/or SQL
- Experience with statistical analysis and using tools such as Minitab or JMP
- Basic laboratory safety knowledge
- Competency at learning and using new cloud based softwares
- Strong communication skills within a group of peers and broader organization
- Excellent workplace organization habits
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.