About VoltusVoltus represents the "potential of us" to better manage energy through intelligent systems that provide simple, cost and risk-free energy demand management. Our mission is to fulfill the promise of the energy transition. The Voltus platform connects any DER to any energy market across the US and Canada, providing flexibility, reliability, and resilience to the grid while generating revenue for our partners. We are building the decarbonized, distributed, decentralized, and digitized energy system of the future.Voltus is a remote and virtual company, distributed across the US, Canada, and abroad with many team members in New York, San Francisco, Boston, Toronto, Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, DC and other cities. This role can be based anywhere in the US/Canada.The RoleThe Energy Markets Senior Analyst role is the lifeblood of Voltus. You will make the Energy Markets team work more efficiently, gather deeper understanding of data, and provide key insights to drive decision making that will shape the future of demand-side energy management. This multifaceted position plays an integral role in helping our customers profit from their involvement in energy markets. If you are bright, gritty, good, and intellectually curious, and if your brain marries creativity and technical diligence, you’re a great fit! This role will specifically support Voltus’s Distributed Energy Resource (DER) portfolios across the various energy markets we work in, with extending responsibilities in other market activities.
Please include a brief cover letter with your materials outlining your interest in working at Voltus and how your background is relevant to this role.
- Understand the role of demand response and other distributed energy resources in energy markets
- Assist in the registration and enrollment process of demand response assets to various grid operator programs
- Manage key components of energy market financial settlements
- Develop analytical tools to support the operational needs of our market activities as well as the customer-facing needs of our Sales and Marketing efforts
- Define and implement processes and procedures to support flawless execution of our day-to-day responsibilities
- Support other demand response market activities, including auction and asset optimization analyses
- Work across teams, including Sales, Finance, Product, and Operations to improve the profitability of our market portfolios
- Support efforts to influence regulatory proceedings in various energy markets to benefit distributed energy resources
What We Offer:In addition to a competitive compensation package, Voltus offers a range of benefits including: unlimited leave for full-time employees, parental leave, and a comprehensive benefits package to promote health, wellness, and financial security.
- Experience in the demand-side energy industry or familiarity with utility business operations and ISO activities.
- Exceptional Excel skills. Analytical and business applied Python a plus.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Willingness to grind. Ability to build tools that eliminate the need to grind.
- Uncommonly driven to succeed and maniacally self-initiated
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-throughput environment
Our compensation includes base pay, bonus, and equity. The base range for this role is USD $95,000-$115,000 per year. The bonus is 10-20% of the annual base pay.
At Voltus, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer because we recognize that a diverse organization begins with a diverse candidate pool. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or marital status.