Why We’re Rad (about us):
Rad Power Bikes, America’s largest electric bike brand, is on a mission to get people onto bikes that are built for everything and priced for everyone.Our company is a driving force behind the e-bike market expansion in North America, and we’re growing rapidly in Europe. We are the first mover in the omnichannel retail space for personal mobility products and we continue to develop industry-leading, innovative e-bikes. Rad Power Bikes has grown to 500,000+ customers, leading a global revolution in low carbon mobility.
We are looking for RADICAL people to join our global teams: Responsible, Approachable, Diverse, Innovative, Customer-Driven, Accountable, and always Learning.
We are seeking an Ebike Assembler for our Brooklyn location at 25 Kent Ave. This is an entry level position for people who are bike enthusiasts and want to learn the basics of bike assembly and setup. This is an opportunity to be part of a cutting edge operation unlike any other in the bike industry. Important Information: This store is scheduled to open in September 2022. We are looking to start Retail Specialists by July/Aug 2022.
Why You’re Rad (about you):
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Good communication skills
- Friendly attitude and interest in working with e-bike consumers
- Ability to work quickly in a repetitive, fast-paced environment
- Experience with bikes, whether maintaining your own or in a professional setting
- Ability to ascend / descend ladders
- Ability to bend, stoop, crouch, kneel, walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time, up to 8 hours / day
- Ability to lift, push/pull, leverage and carry 65+ pounds without assistance
- Proficient manual dexterity required while using a variety of hand tools and other equipment
You get bonus points for:
- Experience with electric bikes or vehicles
- Trained in LEAN principles or The Toyota Way; creating efficiencies to meet the highest standards of quality
- Experience or understanding of assembly line production systems
Had you been with us last month, the top 5 things you would have impacted are:
Working at Rad is built around our RADICAL values - we are:
- Learned about the ebike industry to understand the products we offer on a technical level & assembled ebikes and performed basic bicycle repair operations
- Collaborated to improve processes and crush goals
- Maintained spare parts inventory and shop demo bikes
- Maintained workshop organization and cleanliness
- Participated in local outreach events and related events with the sales team as needed
- Additional duties and overtime as required
Responsible to our environment, community, partners, and teamAccountable, we take ownership, bias to action, seek and provide feedbackDiverse, inclusive of experiences, backgrounds and skills, we value every voiceInnovators, we challenge ourselves and the status quo, we are originalCustomer driven, completely, we do the right thing for our ridersApproachable, kind, we collaborate and are always willing to helpLearners, we grow our skills, we are humble and seek to improve Does this sound like you? Please apply and join us!
Rad Power Bikes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 800-939-0310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recruitment Agencies: Although we value the services you provide, at this time we are not leveraging external 3rd party recruitment resources for this search. Should those needs change, we will seek your assistance directly.