Why We’re Rad (about us):
Rad Power Bikes, America’s largest electric bike brand, is on a mission to get people onto bikes that are built for everything and priced for everyone.Our company is a driving force behind the e-bike market expansion in North America, and we’re growing rapidly in Europe. We are the first mover in the omnichannel retail space for personal mobility products and we continue to develop industry-leading, innovative e-bikes. Rad Power Bikes has grown to 500,000+ customers, leading a global revolution in low carbon mobility.
We are seeking an Ebike Mechanic for our Brooklyn location at 25 Kent Ave. This role will ensure customer bikes are maintained properly to run at peak performance all year round. If you are a person who likes to wrench on bikes and troubleshoot ebike systems, we need you to help build our world-class service department!
Weekend Availability required,Important Information: This store is scheduled to open in September 2022. We are looking to start Retail Specialists by July/Aug 2022.
Why You’re Rad (about you):
- 2+ years of experience with bikes in a formal setting
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- A team player with a friendly attitude and interest in working with ebike consumers
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to ascend / descend ladders
- Ability to bend, stoop, crouch, kneel, walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time, up to 8 hours / day
- Ability to lift, push/pull, leverage and carry 65+ pounds without assistance
- Proficient manual dexterity required while using a variety of hand tools and other equipment
You get bonus points for:
- Experience with bikes, electric bikes or vehicles
- Prior experience working in a bike shop or customer-facing role
Had you been with us last month, the top 5 things you would have impacted are:
Working at Rad is built around our RADICAL values - we are:Responsible to our environment, community, partners, and team
- Learned about the ebike industry to understand the products we offer on a technical level
- Serviced bikes for our customers, from normal wear and tear repairs, to more complex fixes and ensured that all safety checks were performed
- Maintained workshop organization and cleanliness & assisted with inventory management of materials, such as bike accessories, tools, spare parts, and other materials as needed
- Helped to train more junior mechanics and ebike assemblers
- Participated in field service requests from local customers in partnership with our Commercial Sales Division
- Additional duties and overtime as required
Accountable, we take ownership, bias to action, seek and provide feedbackDiverse, inclusive of experiences, backgrounds and skills, we value every voiceInnovators, we challenge ourselves and the status quo, we are originalCustomer driven, completely, we do the right thing for our ridersApproachable, kind, we collaborate and are always willing to helpLearners, we grow our skills, we are humble and seek to improve Does this sound like you? Please apply and join us!
Rad Power Bikes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 800-939-0310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recruitment Agencies: Although we value the services you provide, at this time we are not leveraging external 3rd party recruitment resources for this search. Should those needs change, we will seek your assistance directly.