Hi! We're Forerunner.
We believe that adaptation is a necessity, not a luxury, and communities deserve access to powerful software that helps them plan for the future. The challenge of climate change is complex – it implicates how municipalities plan, manage capital, and communicate to both residents and higher levels of government. Forerunner helps local communities do these things better by empowering them to access, understand, and mobilize local-level flood risk data at scale. Our software is built to be easy-to-use, so that the planners and floodplain managers preparing for our future can focus on the important stuff.
We're looking for an energetic Account Executive to join our team. As an AE you will drive Forerunner's future growth engine by building relationships with prospective clients and turning them into happy Forerunner users. You will:
- Sourcing new leads and connecting with prospects. You'll develop outbound strategies to create and nurture opportunities.
- Close new deals. You'll own an account list and develop plans for winning and expanding business with our government customers.
- Articulate the value of Forerunner. You'll own the full sales cycle from lead to close.
- Prioritizing the sales pipeline to align with business goals. As a small startup we expect everyone to be adept at shifting priorities to meet with changing goals.
- Developing scalable sales strategies and helping to establish our sales culture. As an early member of our sales team, your contribution will be crucial in setting our sales team up for ongoing success.
- Contribute to product strategy. Help us drive product strategy by engaging with Product and Engineering teams based on your leaning in the field.
As a new addition to our team, you will help us spread the word about Forerunner and engage our customers in conversations about how software can help to transform their data and workflows. In general, you might be a good fit if you:
- Are an excellent, empathetic communicator. You'll often be the first point of contact for potential customers interested in Forerunner and building trust is crucial in our space. We'll be relying on you to make a great impression in both written and phone/video communication.
- Are comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity. We're always learning, and hope you will be too. We are looking for someone who can be nimble in prioritizing work and isn't shy in taking on additional responsibility.
- Have experience with or are excited by government sales. We're passionate about creating value for our customers. A successful candidate will share this enthusiasm.
- Have 2+ years of professional experience with a track record of meeting or exceeding goals. As a small startup, we're excited about growth and expect you to be eager about contributing to it. Experience selling SaaS software or work in the Public Sector is preferred but not required.
What We Offer
Forerunner is a seed-stage company with an interdisciplinary team. We are motivated by seemingly intractable problems and work hard to support one another.
We're mission-driven. Our mission orients our business strategy and pushes us to work with a sense of urgency. We’re in the weeds -- our entire team spends time engaging with our partners in the field to better understand the real-world problems they face.
We're a small team. As a member of our growing team, you will quickly become an invaluable part of our organization and have a meaningful impact on our business and technical direction. We welcome unique perspectives and backgrounds. Your opinion matters and we hope you'll share it.
We're a remote-first organization, with offices in San Francisco and Portland, ME. Many members of our team work remotely, but we have a small offices in San Francisco and Portland, ME. We offer schedule flexibility for all of our employees and ask for accountability in return.
We want you to be happy and healthy. Forerunner offers competitive compensation, health/vision/dental coverage, and commuter benefits. We also have a quarterly wellness reimbursement so that you can have flexibility in defining what “health” means to you.
We look forward to meeting you. To apply or ask questions, shoot us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
Forerunner is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing diversity and the perspectives of individuals from all backgrounds.