Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) has the fastest, lowest cost path to commercial fusion energy.
CFS collaborates with MIT to leverage decades of research combined with groundbreaking new high-temperature superconducting (HTS) magnet technology. HTS magnets will enable compact fusion power plants that can be constructed faster and at lower cost. Our mission is to deploy these power plants to meet global decarbonization goals as fast as possible. To that end, CFS has assembled a team of leaders in tough tech, fusion science, and manufacturing with a track record of rapid execution. Supported by the world’s leading investors, CFS is uniquely positioned to deliver limitless, clean, fusion power to combat climate change. To implement this plan, we are looking to add dedicated people to the team who treat people well, improve our work by adding multifaceted perspectives and new ways of solving problems, have achieved outstanding results through a range of pursuits, and have skills and experience related to this role.
This individual will be responsible for installation of and preventive and corrective maintenance for various facilities and manufacturing equipment. These responsibilities will span the transition from our current Cambridge/Somerville locations to our Devens Campus currently under construction.
This team member will:
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance of complex manufacturing equipment such as CNC machining centers, process ovens and specialty manufacturing equipment
- Provide maintenance support for projects such as the installation, relocation, or modification of manufacturing equipment
- Utilize a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for tracking the maintenance and repair of equipment and facilities systems
- Assist in the development of maintenance procedures and schedules
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate or higher
- Advanced technical training/certification in mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, or similar disciplines
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and plumbing repair of complex manufacturing equipment including but not limited to CNC machining centers, process ovens, various electro-mechanical equipment and the plant systems required to support them
- Demonstrated ability in reading/understanding technical and electrical drawings, manuals, and reports.
- Proficiency with MS Office products such as Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Commitment to safety and quality
- Ability to take directions from supervisors and work independently
- Desire to work and contribute in a fast-paced, startup R&D environment with daily changes
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and teamwork skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and cleanliness with hands-on work
- Ability and patience to work through projects from start to finish, including assembly and testing
Additional experience and/or qualifications:
- Experience with lean manufacturing, 5S and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) principles
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Massachusetts electrician, plumbing or HVAC license
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
- Perform activities such as stooping, climbing, typing, standing, or sitting for extended periods of time
- Dedication to safety to mitigate hazards that may include heat, cold, noise, fumes, and strong magnets
- Willingness to travel or work required nights/weekends/on-call occasionally
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.