Boundary Stone Partners (BSP) is seeking a highly motivated Manager/Senior Manager to join our fast-growing team of climate, clean energy, mobility, and space experts.
With offices in Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, and San Francisco, BSP is a nimble, bipartisan firm with unique expertise in technology innovation, finance, government, legislative strategy, and policy. We help our clients see around corners to anticipate and adjust to rapidly evolving political, legislative, and regulatory landscapes. Our firm provides government affairs, policy analysis, direct lobbying, coalition management, business development, and communications planning for over 70 clients including top energy and mobility companies, leading industry coalitions, major policy think-tanks, and some of the largest investment firms in the world.
About The Role
The Manager/Senior Manager will support BSP’s client engagement, strategy development, and government affairs execution with leading companies, non-profits, trade associations, and financial institutions. Core responsibilities include:
- Perform legislative and policy research, help design legislative strategy, and write compelling policy and business content to help execute a multi-pronged government affairs strategy
- Build relationships with key policymakers and other influential federal government-oriented stakeholders
- Help craft and execute legislative, regulatory and political strategies to achieve federal policy goals; represent clients in meetings with Congress and the Administration
- Help clients prepare for Congressional hearings, federal agency rulemaking and other federal legislative and regulatory proceedings
- Represent clients in national trade associations and industry coalitions
- Build third party political, advocacy, NGO, and industry allies to support strategic policy objectives
- Be part of the public policy team for a client, utilizing the firm’s expertise and working closely with client’s legal, policy, and business lines
- 5-10 years of federal government, policy or corporate government relations experience in the energy, transportation, space, or national security fields.
- Deep understanding of Congressional lawmaking and federal regulatory processes
- Established Congressional and Executive branch relationships and you confidently interact with key Hill staff, elected officials, and executives alike
- Strategic thinker with polished oral and written presentation skills
- Exceptional research skills
- Thrive under pressure and can balance long and short-term priorities to deliver results
- Resourceful and entrepreneurial, roll-up your sleeves, and not afraid to think outside the box
- Want to work with a team who values collegiality and a sense of humor
Compensation and Benefits
BSP offers highly competitive pay and benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible PTO, and paid family, medical and parental leave. BSP is committed to ensuring pay equity, based on experience, qualifications, and performance.
Boundary Stone Partners is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage leaders of color, women, those who identify as LGBTQ, and candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.