Angaza enables businesses to sell life-changing products, on credit, to low-income, unbanked consumers in emerging markets. Our technology uses an IoT network of connected devices, mobile payments, and machine learning to accelerate the adoption of solar energy systems, smartphones, and appliances.
We are reinventing consumer credit by making it available to the 2 billion people across the globe who are unbanked or left out of formal credit/savings ecosystems. With Angaza, consumers have the flexibility to buy now and pay later, with full pricing transparency. And, merchants can increase their sales and revenue by over 8x by offering life-changing products on credit.
Angaza’s inclusive finance platform is already used by businesses in 50+ countries across Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America, and Asia to improve the daily lives of over 20 million people.Role Summary
Looking for an opportunity to use your analytical skills and business insight to alleviate poverty and empower people to choose safe, clean energy? Angaza is building a modern analytics practice around a deep commitment to our core values, high-quality tools, proven development practices, and a philosophy of continuous professional improvement, and we need you to help us make that vision a reality! Analytics Engineers at Angaza spend the bulk of their time working with our DBT instance in Snowflake to generate new transformations of data to serve to users through reverse ETL to our business tools or through our visualization service (currently Sisense). You will interface with colleagues across the company to develop a deep understanding of the sources of our various data streams as well as design data and analytics solutions that will best support the business.
- Interface with other teams to learn about their needs and understand the full meaning of the available data they generate in our business systems
- Design and engineer data transformations in our data warehouse to:
- 1. Power stakeholder-facing dashboards
- 2. Prepare data for reverse ETL to business systems (e.g. pushing results back out to Salesforce)
- 3. Allow data science team members to focus on analysis rather than data prep
- Develop visualization tools for use by management or other analysts
- Work with 3rd party data APIs and help manage our ETL services
- Strong SQL skills (Angaza uses Snowflake with DBT in our data stack)
- Understanding of how to create effective data models for analysis
- Proficiency creating ETL & analytics products in Python (It would be useful to have experience in: NumPy, Pandas, psycopg2 or other SQL interface, and a visualization library of your choice)
- Strong Git change control practices
- Understanding of applied statistics & common modelling techniques in a business context
- Possess strong business insight and appreciation of the challenges facing growing businesses.
- Thrive in a cooperative, dynamic environment
- Are passionate about beautifully presented data that communicates complex information in a straightforward way
- Have strong quantitative, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Pride yourself on attention to detail
- Exhibit a strong tendency towards self-management
- Exemplify Angaza’s key values: maximizing impact, empathetic, courageous, trustworthy, curious, and collaborative
We expect candidates to have at least two years of practical experience in a role requiring frequent use of SQL or SQL + Python, or a relevant graduate degree such as a masters in information systems.To Apply
Please use the form linked below to apply for this position, including three required sets of eligibility questions. Due to the nature of the role, Angaza is unable to sponsor or transfer employment visas
. All applicants should have permanent US work authorization prior to applying, and applicants who require an employment visa will be removed from consideration. Other Details
Angaza is a for-profit company based in San Francisco and Nairobi.Employees receive salary, an equity stake in Angaza, and benefits that include: - Competitive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, HSA, & FSA - 401(k) with company match - Fully paid parental leave - Flexible scheduling and time off policies - Knowledge that you’re making a positive impact on the world every day you come to work!Our Commitment to DEI
At Angaza, we evaluate all candidates on the basis of their ability to meet stated job requirements. We do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of sex, gender, marital status, religion, nationality, or other personal characteristics. In keeping with our commitment to supporting a safe and inclusive workplace, we strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds to apply