At Loam Bio, we have the earth in our hands. Our team of scientists and entrepreneurs is united in a ...View Company Profile
Loam is a team of scientists, farmers, experts and entrepreneurs. We help farming businesses thrive by increasing soil carbon, soil health and enabling access to carbon markets. We develop microbial technology to remove CO2 from the atmosphere and build carbon in agricultural soils.
We are a rapidly-growing team of more than 50, with headquarters in Orange, NSW and Minneapolis, MN. We foster a supportive and diverse workplace, where every team member is encouraged to learn and grow beyond their area of expertise.
While everyone at Loam is working in different roles, we all have one job: enable farmers to remove CO2 from the atmosphere and store it stably in the soil.
About the Role
We are looking for a hard-working strategic thinker to work directly with the SVP of Carbon Markets and Loam Senior Management in a fast-moving business.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone wanting to get into startups with a passion for strategy, entrepreneurship and the climate. You will be supporting discussions with the SVP and working on partnerships with senior executives at large corporations and be party to discussions around the strategic future of the business.
As Strategy Associate, your initial deliverable will be the design and execution of high-impact programs for Australian broadacre farmers and help implement grower services foundations that drive efficiencies and increased value to farmers partnering with Loam across Australia. We see this role evolving rapidly for the right candidate as we scale globally and look to expand our joint venture and strategic alliances portfolio.
- Implement and monitor strategic business plans
- Develop and implement a good governance framework for program management.
- Manage the delivery of projects allocated by management with particular attention to high-risk, high-value projects.
- Managing our broadacre farming programs including the detailed planning and monitoring of JV program execution, management of project interdependencies and management of program budgets
- Ensure success by understanding what our partners and growers require for success
- Manage contractors to provide additional support where needed
- Collaborate with Loam peers across grower engagement activities, including regular consultation with growers, agronomists and key stakeholders involved in the program throughout the season
The ideal candidate:
- You are in the early stages of a career in strategy consulting or in startups. You will have a passion to learn. You thrive in uncertainty and want to work in a very fast-paced startup environment.
- You are very structured and detail-oriented. You have developed a knack for communicating and analysing complex problems.
- You have a positive attitude towards problem-solving - you’re energised by the prospect of partnering with key stakeholders to navigate challenges and drive initiatives forward
- You are comfortable wearing many hats, and having multifarious responsibilities
Like the rest of our growing team at Loam, you will:
- Take accountability and pride in your work, while being an advocate for Loam Bio.
- Be open to candid feedback and committed to learning
- Be a proactive communicator — we want you to be able to articulate a problem or an idea in a manner that is clear, timely and constructive. We want to hear the good and the bad as they arise
- Treat your colleagues with unconditional respect and regard, while identifying areas where you can help others, or share your knowledge
- Take accountability for growing and progressing the organisation. This is our life’s work - leave your mark.
- Fast-growing startup with many opportunities for rapid career development.
- Work alongside leading scientists and innovators in an international organisation.
- Enjoy an inclusive and supportive culture, with a family-friendly attitude.
- A competitive salary based with ESOP participation, based on experience
- Role based in Sydney or Orange, NSW Australia